HobbyLinc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marclee

Reaction score
Hobbylinc is like my secret. I swear I have found better deals on Hobbylinc than anywhere else on the web. Their prices are excellent, their web site and on-line store are superbly layed out and their customer service is one of the best. Nothing but good experiences there. I have now purchased from them nearly 10 times. If you get past the $6.50 shipping by buying several items, the price is unbeatable- especially on Aerotech stuff. I just bought a Tomahawk on sale for $36 bucks. Can't beat it.

Hard-to-find items are almost always found there. I just purchased the long-discontinued Estes Mercury Atlas there after scouring the Internet and stores all over California for a full week.

I can't say enough about these guys and no I don't work for them, know them or am in any way affiliated or related to them. But they've got a high recommendation from here.

Marc

https://www.hobbylinc.com

Are you going to make us go find the link ourselves? ;) Maybe that is part of the secret.

Originally posted by Milo
Are you going to make us go find the link ourselves? ;) Maybe that is part of the secret.

Sorry Milo- I went ahead and added it. Duh. See, I get all excited...

Marc

I like trains! :D I was a big time model railroader in my young days. I sometimes fight the urge to build a large layout of N scale in my vacant basement (or cellar for some of you folks). There is this small line called The Crescant that runs near my house serviced by Norfolk and Southern (which used to be just Southern). It is about 30 miles of track servicing a lot of small lumber businesses and stalite plants. It runs through several small towns that I would think would be great to model. It has just enough switching to make it interesting from a railroading standpoint. But my thrill would be in the modeling. I would have to model the Southern version. I loved their high nose GP-38s with their black/white/gold color schemes.

Oh to dream. I just wish I had the endless resources to do it, you know, time and money.

Nice site btw.

See that's the problem with this hobby stuff. You could spend endlees time and money on designing, laying out and building a cool train setup just as easily as building a nice high power rocket. I LOVE those old Southern Pacific engines too; the ones you see in those 1950's ads with the guy in the suit and hat and the smiling wife wearing white "fashion" gloves, getting ready to board the "Atlantic Flyer" or whatever. An elderly neighbor of mine has a HUGE track setup in his backyard with streetlamps, switches, mountains, lakes, staions, outbuildings...it makes me salivate.

Ok- you want some cool, purely "modeling" sites? Check this one out

https://www.dxmarket.com/micromark/dir/index.html (these guys have EVERYTHING) from scenery to "scene aging" paints to decal paper. Another "secret" of mine).

And one more for the road: A GREAT source for decal papers/film/transfers, etc.
https://www.beldecal.com/decals.cfm

Enjoy!

Marc

You're killing me! :D

I saw tools for laying your own track. I always wanted to do that. That is the ultimate in modeling and realism there. Ballast, trees, grass, weathering train cars, scratch built buildings... Oh the madness!!!

BTW- Your picture link to that engine doesn't work. It DOES, however, go to a "LOSE 10 POUNDS" ad with VERY nice-looking model. Can I say that?:)

Marc

This is a legendary site. They offer one of the worlds largest (if not THE largest) selection of aircraft parts, materials, tools, etc. From Epoxy to flight-grade woods to launch rods and tubing- this is THE place. There are 30,000 items that can be applied to rocketry though it's NOT a hobby shop or rocket-related place. You may already know about it:

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/

I've actually been there (you can order everything on-line too) and it's overwhelming. You could build rockets for the rest of your life with this place.

Marc

Here is the picture of the GP-38 in Southern colors. Stupid Geocities!

Back