Hobbylinc doing away with AT products

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Looks like Hobbylinc is no longer going to sell ANY Aerotech products; kits or motors. Every AT product says to be discontinued, very limited supply.

I have to say this kinda sucks as they had great prices. Where else could you get a G64 or G71 at $8.99 each???

Dang it, this was the best bang for the buck out there. I guess the recent price increases might be related to this. I would think their prices are at near cost. I made one last order of 64's however!

Looks like Hobbylinc is no longer going to sell ANY Aerotech products; kits or motors. Every AT product says to be discontinued, very limited supply.

I have to say this kinda sucks as they had great prices. Where else could you get a G64 or G71 at $8.99 each???

Winkies Toy and Hobby has pretty low prices. I think they've gone up lately with the Aerotech price increase.

https://www.winkies.com/

Well, this certainly sux! Hobbylinc is where I got my 24mm and 29mm consumer level reloads. Dangitall!

Damn! Now I am really going to have to watch Donald around my motor box.....
:dark:

Winkies Toy and Hobby has pretty low prices. I think they've gone up lately with the Aerotech price increase.

https://www.winkies.com/

So, has anyone ordered from them? The prices are not bad and they seem to have the the G53 fastjack, G76 Mojave green, and the F35 listed. Is the item availability accurate on the web site and is order processing and communication fairly reasonable? The only major draw back that I can see is admitting that you get you get your powerful engines at a place called "Winkies" :blush:

So, has anyone ordered from them? The prices are not bad and they seem to have the the G53 fastjack, G76 Mojave green, and the F35 listed. Is the item availability accurate on the web site and is order processing and communication fairly reasonable? The only major draw back that I can see is admitting that you get you get your powerful engines at a place called "Winkies" :blush:

I have ordered from Winkies before the service was pretty decent and if you are afraid of the name order from here instead,
https://www.joepilot.com/items.asp?Cc=JP-MPR-Reloads&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=
It's the same place with not as cheesey a name.

Last TARC season, I ordered F39 reloads from Joe Pilot on several occasions and the service was always good.

I've probably placed about 5-6 orders with them. If you order in the morning they usually ship out the same day, and send tracking info. And, since they're in PA and I'm in Maryland, I've gotten motors from them in as quick as two days.

Once I received an order that was partially filled, but if you log in to your account on their website and check your order it gives an estimated availablity date. I think it may have taken two weeks to receive the other 1/2 of the order.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:eyepop:

I just placed an order with JoePilot.com today and it has already shipped. This is the 3rd or 4th order with them. No problems at all.

I sent an email to Hobbylinc about their Aerotech stock and here was their reply. Maybe all is not lost.

"We hope to have more Aerotech rocket engines available soon. Please be patient with us and look forward to the Aerotech engines being reinstated on the website.

Thank you for your interest in Hobbylinc.com.

Hobbylinc.com"

I also sent an e-mail and got the exact same replay, verbatum. Indeed, let's hope for the best, and that this is just a temporary thing!

I sent an email to Hobbylinc about their Aerotech stock and here was their reply. Maybe all is not lost.

"We hope to have more Aerotech rocket engines available soon. Please be patient with us and look forward to the Aerotech engines being reinstated on the website.

Thank you for your interest in Hobbylinc.com.

Hobbylinc.com"

This sounds more like they're having some difficulties with their supplier than Aerotech. Odds are they use a distributor than Aerotech.

This sounds more like they're having some difficulties with their supplier than Aerotech. Odds are they use a distributor than Aerotech.

You are correct.

A year or two ago I asked Gary (or someone at Aerotech) if they could send some new clip-art to hobbylinc so they could show the current version of the motors and the response indicated that Hobbylinc did not get their Aerotech stuff directly from Aerotech (and that the distributors had the latest clip-art).

Just got off the phone with customer service at Hobbylinc.com. They assured me that they are indeed going to continue carrying Aerotech items. I didn't quite understand why things are showing up as "to be discontinued" but you can still order Aerotech stuff from them! The rep at Hobbylinc made it sound as though they will actually have more. If anyone at Hobbylinc reads this forum, a reply from them would certainly be welcomed.

Back