Quantcast

Hobby Town USA in Las Vegas is closed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Five

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
133
Reaction score
65
I remember going here when I was a kid. They always had a variety of rockets from different venders to choose from.
I went there about a month or so ago and bought some sonic igniters and a 18” parachute because everything was 60%. That’s when I was informed of the bad news. And now they finally closed up shop. They had a good run.
 

Attachments

Rocketcamper123

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
77
thats sad. you would think with enough people who go to sin city there would be enough business for hobby town. or people spend their money on gambling
 

Rocketcamper123

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
77
I don't think the people going to Vegas have a visit to Hobby Town high on their to-do list.
you are correct most people visit sin city for no good reason but there are those that go there for good. i would say the 10 percent that vist are visiting for the right reasons. that leaves the 90 percent up to very suspicious activity.
 

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
268
Location
Las Vegas
Saddly I've watched the local hobby stores decline over the last 15 years. Been going for the last 30 years to them. There used to be a HT by my house and 2 Hoppby People stores. Partial blame would be some of the management or attitudes of the locations the other side of it would be the internet. I did meet some really awesome people through the years at the stores. The future will never get the feeling of walking into a hobby store and browsing the aisles.
 

Five

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
133
Reaction score
65
Saddly I've watched the local hobby stores decline over the last 15 years. Been going for the last 30 years to them. There used to be a HT by my house and 2 Hoppby People stores. Partial blame would be some of the management or attitudes of the locations the other side of it would be the internet. I did meet some really awesome people through the years at the stores. The future will never get the feeling of walking into a hobby store and browsing the aisles.
I know that feeling, “walking into a hobby store and browsing the aisles”.
 

Initiator001

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
2,839
Reaction score
117
Saddly I've watched the local hobby stores decline over the last 15 years. Been going for the last 30 years to them. There used to be a HT by my house and 2 Hoppby People stores. Partial blame would be some of the management or attitudes of the locations the other side of it would be the internet. I did meet some really awesome people through the years at the stores. The future will never get the feeling of walking into a hobby store and browsing the aisles.
In 1989 there were almost 4200 hobby shops in the United States.

Today there are less than 2000, perhaps less than 1900.

Retail of any type is hard these days.
It's just not the Internet but people's interests have changed.

Many 'small' hobby rocket companies would not exist today if not for the Internet.

Yes, I love wanking into hobby shops, especially stores that have been around for many decades.
Not too many of those are left.

If you have a hobby shop in your town be sure to always buy something whenever you visit to help it stay in business.
 

Five

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
133
Reaction score
65
Hobby lobby here in Vegas is the only place left that I know of that sells rockets. Great store for gifts also.
 

dr wogz

Fly caster
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
5,505
Reaction score
811
Location
Land of Poutine!
If you have a hobby shop in your town be sure to always buy something whenever you visit to help it stay in business.
I have, and I do! (Store has been around for ever!!) they know me, and know I will be in once a week to given them at least $20 in sales.

Sadly, I am acquiring a stack of plastic model kits, and am now starting to buy D&D mini figs to paint.. one day.. (My retirement days will be filled with many a thing to build & paint!)

A park flyer may soon find its way home with me over the winter..
 
Top