Hobby Lobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50% off *ALL* rocket kits from Hobby Lobby today and tomorrow only...including Aerotech. I pretty much cleaned out the one in LaCrosse, WI, but yours probably has some left. ;)

Print the internet coupon:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/coupon.cfm
I remember that. The Aerotech part was scary. The HL in Crystal Lake IL was selling H motors! Dont know how they were monitoring who they were selling to. I think it only lasted 16 months or less. Im sure somebody finally questioned it.

Note to others who see this: look at the date on the first post!

Also: I came back to rocketry in 2009. I had no idea Hobby Lobby ever carried Aerotech stuff! But then, they didn't get out to this area until the mid 2010s....

HAHA, i was about to run down there but checked date Nov..

in hindsight I guess would have been better to give month/day instead of today/tomorrow.

Perhaps posts older than X (6 months?) get a nasty pink, blinking background with the letters "OLD" cut out of the background color. You can still read them, but it's clear there's something "wrong" about them.

I have previously proposed that the forum should simply notify/warn the user when trying to reply to a very old thread, so they can't necro a thread by accident (but could still revive it if they really want to). I think that would solve the problem (if it actually is a problem) in a simple and effective way. I will leave the results of that proposal as an exercise for the reader.

I don't like the idea of *locking* old threads, because there are times when it is appropriate to revive them.

Discussion was interesting:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/suggestion-thread-necro-warning-before-posting.151907/

Last edited:
Unless there is some cost associated with retrieving old threads I say let the good times roll. FWIW I used this thread as an example of "the more things change the more they stay the same" when talking about Hobby Lobby.

Back