Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by Michael Garretson, Sep 12, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Nov 25, 2019 #91

shreadvector

shreadvector

shreadvector

Can they legally sell these in Canada without the "u"?

:p

Cape Byron likes this.
  2. Nov 26, 2019 #92

John Kemker

John Kemker

John Kemker

Forum Supporter TRF Supporter

As someone who makes his living running inventories for multiple different clients, sometimes it's apples <-->oranges, sometimes it's apples <--> apples. Depends upon the client and what they use for a SKU.

samb likes this.
  3. Nov 26, 2019 #93

samb

samb

samb

Lifetime Member

Quite right. SKU's are not standardized. I think for the purposes of this thread we've determined that Hobby Lobby has a numbering system unrelated to UPC or part number for their rocket inventory.

4. Dec 8, 2019 #94

greenrocketfish

greenrocketfish

greenrocketfish

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Purchased some motors and they said I couldn't use the 40% on "your price".

5. Dec 8, 2019 #95

Scott_650

Scott_650

Scott_650

None of HL’s “Your Price” items are eligible for the additional discount - their price on Estes stuff pretty much jives with the online discounters - AC Supply, Belleville, Hobbylinc - 30-40% off Estes list price. Personally I like buying multiple items at 30+% off all at once rather than making multiple trips to get 40% off one item ;)

greenrocketfish likes this.
  6. Dec 8, 2019 #96

scadaman29325

scadaman29325

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.

Yes, I went to one HL and got the A8-3 bulk pack and the cashier said, where's your coupon. Then last night at a different one, no go.:(

7. Jan 28, 2020 #97

BEC

BEC

BEC

The HL SKUs are the same as they have been using for the Flip Flyer and the Nike-X. The Flip Flyer SKU is now used for OIympus and the Nike-X one for the Vapor. At the second-nearest HL to me they have a Vapor hanging behind two Nike-Xs. They've moved the Flip Flyers (they still had two) and now have a hook marked for the Olympus. They had two when I got there today. Now they have one.

Some comparison info with the Green Eggs model (since this came up earlier in this thread):

Olympus is six inches longer (all in the main body tube). It uses the screw-on 24mm motor retainer and is set up to take 24mm Es while Green Eggs, stock, only takes C11s and D12s and uses a regular motor hook. The plastic parts appear to be the same save for color - nose cone, payload adapter and payload section tube. The four fins are surface-mounted instead of three TTW fins on Green Eggs.

I'll put the Olympus in the near term build queue and will see if there is anything else significant.

I'm amused at the Olympus face card showing an Estes Altimeter hanging down inside the payload section, since there is no provided way to attach one the way it's shown.

That particular HL had four or five Luna Bugs in stock, BTW, in case anyone in the South Puget Sound area is looking for one or more (Puyallup South Hill store).

8. Jan 30, 2020 #98

John Kemker

John Kemker

John Kemker

Forum Supporter TRF Supporter

Inventoried an HL this last month and found out something interesting from one of the employees:

HL does NOT use barcodes. For anything. Evidently, the CEO/primary shareholder believes that barcodes are the Mark of the Beast. Explains why they are a Financial Count and not a Scan-Based Count. We enter the price, then count everything that has that same price until we get to a different price. Then we enter that price and do the same. So, if I'm counting Estes Rockets and the first five kits are all the same price, they all get counted together.

Was REALLY tempted to buy a Cherokee-E before I left, but the future XYL would have a fit if I came home with a new rocket kit, right now.

samb likes this.
  9. Jan 31, 2020 #99

scadaman29325

scadaman29325

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.

No slam intended. Just something I heard.

Religion is for man.
    Spirituality is for God.

AND I AM NOT TRYING TO START A NASTY THREAD ABOUT THAT!

Please don't ban me!

dhbarr, John Taylor and Greg Furtman like this.
  10. Feb 7, 2020 #100

SCooke123

SCooke123

SCooke123

Got my Vapor today - picked up a Goblin too while I was there. Wish I had more to spend, I would have picked up the Olympus too.