Hobby Lobby "Unique" kits

Discussion in 'Rocketry Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Chris Lagemann, Aug 31, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Aug 31, 2019 #1

Chris Lagemann

Chris Lagemann

Chris Lagemann

My "purddier" rockets

I was quite surprised when I ran across the "Hobby Lobby Exclusive" Estes rocket kits the other day in Jeff City. Picked up the Cherokee E and the Luna Bug. Also surprised to see that most of the Estes line (Rocket kits and Engines) was sporting a "You Pay" price tag which looked like a 25-30% discount over the regular prices. Then the disappointment.... can't use the 40% off coupon like normal, because of the discount.

I pick up most of my stuff from AC Supply (normal 40% off Estes prices) anyway, but don't care for the shipping charges. I am glad to see Hobby Lobby is still in the game.

Angie likes this.
  2. Aug 31, 2019 #2

Bill S

Bill S

Bill S

It is nice, isn't it? :)

3. Sep 7, 2019 #3

Wallace

Wallace

Wallace

Also noticed mine no longer carries 29mm motors. I'm through with Hobby Lobby...

4. Sep 7, 2019 #4

Scott_650

Scott_650

Scott_650

HobbyTown/HobbyForce carry Estes 29mm BP motors in store at a discounted price - 20ish% off I believe. Most (all?) online vendors charge a $35 hazmat shipping charge for them - trick is to make a big enough buy to get free shipping from AC Supply then think of the $35 as total shipping :)

Toothless likes this.