Hobby Lobby Super Deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
Picked this up at the Local Hobbby Lobby in the clearance aisle

IMG_0463.JPG

The clearance tag is 39 cents.
That is probably the lowest price I have ever paid for rocket motors.

Unfortunately you never know what is on the clearance rack at HL.

I was shocked to see these on the clearance rack since they still carry these motors.

Whenever I end up at a Hobby Lobby store, I go straight to the clearance corner. No telling what you might find there!

Discounts and clearance prices are store dependent. They are started by company nd of season sale, but when and how much varies a little. I asked and I was surprised to get an answer.

Good score. Best deal I ever got there was a pack of F15's that were mismarked at $6.99, then I used 40 % coupon:)

Not sure if it's everywhere (assume it is though) but both my local HLs stopped carrying virtually all the cool stuff in their latest deal w/Estes. Soooo, I don't shop there anymore.

My last trip there I grabbed a Cherokee E and when I got to the counter she said 40% did not apply since it had a red sticker. Needless to say, I am Cherokee Eless..

My last trip there I grabbed a Cherokee E and when I got to the counter she said 40% did not apply since it had a red sticker. Needless to say, I am Cherokee Eless..
The current pricing on their rockets is in line with about what the 40% off would have been, and the Cherokee-E is only available at HL.

Just goes to show you how CHEAP some modelers are. The new kits and engines are reduced drastically already but you still want them at another 40% off. I consider myself a Cheap Modeler which is why I design and scratch build all my rockets and RC airplanes but I'm still not even that cheap.

Funny how one goes from being excited about saving a few bucks on a 3-pack of 1/2A's to dropping $300 on a M. Been there, done that... but I'd snatch up those 39 cent 1/2A's in a second if I saw them.

Funny how one goes from being excited about saving a few bucks on a 3-pack of 1/2A's to dropping $300 on a M. Been there, done that... but I'd snatch up those 39 cent 1/2A's in a second if I saw them.

Hey.... I resemble that remark :D

Current Hobby Lobby pricing is 30% off retail. You no longer have to drive there and back every day to buy one item at a time and get 40% off.

You can drive there once and buy EVERYTHING at once and save $$$$ in gasoline and wear and tear on your car and your personal time. Time = Money.

I had a $100 visa gift card which was a rebate from buying a new pool pump. The card arrived a couple of days ago. I drained it yesterday at Hobby Lobby buying a bulk pack of A8-3 motors, a couple of packs of E12 motors and a Mean Machine. Yes, there is sales tax. I was in that shopping center anyway.

Hobby Lobby is the only brick and mortar in my town that carries rocketry supplies but I’ve noticed even without sales they are always cheaper than Amazon on any item they both happen to carry. I was excited to pick up the citation patriot for $15 as opposed to $23 on Amazon.

But, nothing larger than 24mm motors, atleast not by me..Yawwnn....

One has to wonder why they were on clearance at that price... Maybe someone chucked them in the freezer overnight... ;)

Good find! Good luck with the flights!

One has to wonder why they were on clearance at that price... Maybe someone chucked them in the freezer overnight... ;)

Good find! Good luck with the flights!

Some times I think it's an overstock thing. There was one time I went into HL and there was a bulk pack of A 8-3s at the regular price, yet there was a bulk pack in the clearance section marked down to $18.99.

If I ever need dried flowers or Christmas nick knacks I'll go, otherwise. Meah...

I’ve got to agree with John; The current retail prices at HL are very low. At $15 for the Cherokee-E, I didn’t hesitate to get one. That said, I shop at my locally owned hobby shop (Hiawatha Hobbies in WI) for most of my Estes needs. Unlike HL, he carries the entire line of motors, kits, and parts. While he can’t discount deeply, he does what he can.

Back