Hobby Lobby Rockets 1/2 Off

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1400

Reaction score
Estes and quest rocket kits and starter sets are on sale this week April 12 - 17 for half price. Happy Hunting!

Peace,
Mike

Thanks Mike. Our local HL has a couple of Super Big Berthas on clearance for $20.00 each. I guess I'll check & see if they'll let me have one for $10.00. :)

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Hmmmmm... I haven't ever seen the clearance bins....

They are generally in another part of the store, away from the hobby area. Check with the manager or somebody on the floor. You'll find all kind of stuff there & if you are lucky, maybe a few rocket engines & kits. :)

Hmm, I'm still looking for Fatboys at Wallyworld without success. I missed the HL 1/2 OFF Sale last time cause I kept saying I'd go tomorrow. Wonder what I could stuff up a Mini Bertha?? hehe

Oh yeah, wonder do you have to have a coupon or anything??

CrashinJ

Originally posted by crashinj
Oh yeah, wonder do you have to have a coupon or anything??
CrashinJ
No coupon is needed this particular sale.

Originally posted by Darian Rachal
Thanks Mike. Our local HL has a couple of Super Big Berthas on clearance for $20.00 each. I guess I'll check & see if they'll let me have one for $10.00. :)

Although the sign in our store said "1/2 off not for clearance items", I'm not sure they really care. My wife threw down a few non-rocketry items, and they gave us 1/2 off on those, too.

I bought 2 Outlanders, a Python, and two little "Mosquito Replacements". Cannot remember their name, I just wanted the cones and tubes for another project.

Wish they would have had a V-2 or something else of substance.

Originally posted by Lee Reep
Wish they would have had a V-2 or something else of substance.

Lee, In the clearance area of our HL, they have a Saturn V for $60.00, a couple of 2-packs 0f Econojet Fs for $14.00, a pack of E9-8 for $10.00, & a Maxi V2(I can't recall the price). Also, the 2 SB Berthas for $20.00each. They also have a Maxi Honest John(price?).

I must be about the only person buying stuff here in Alex. :)

HEY MT:)
haven't seen you here on the forum lately, good to see you back. you still in Tx.?

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Hmmmmm... I haven't ever seen the clearance bins....

At the store I frequent, clearance items are hung at the ends of the rows. When I was out there last month they had a ton of older Quest rockets and a few Estes rockets hanging there. Just walk up and down the aisles of the model and hobby section.

Crashin J,
I came across some of those Fatboys. I have 2 that I will sell you for $20.00 plus $4.00 shipping. Let me know.

Brian

Originally posted by Darian Rachal
Lee, In the clearance area of our HL, they have a Saturn V for $60.00, a couple of 2-packs 0f Econojet Fs for $14.00, a pack of E9-8 for $10.00, & a Maxi V2(I can't recall the price). Also, the 2 SB Berthas for $20.00each. They also have a Maxi Honest John(price?).

I must be about the only person buying stuff here in Alex. :)

I think I'm competing with another rocket club buddy. He told me he bought a bunch of high-end Estes stuff, but didn't say where.

And you think you know your friends ...

:)

I was probably lucky to find the Outlanders -- the pickins are pretty slim. I'm hoping they reorder heavily! (And that they are not deciding to clear out of the hobby. But I'd think all rocketry stuff would have been on sale if that were the case.)

Well, I finished my ½ off HobLob shopping spree with a few more engines and another Executioner (I want to do a cluster with this one. Feel free to offer advice, I’ll probably be asking a lot of questions on this one. Might need a RockSim done too:D) Anyway, as I was perusing the rocket aisle, I couldn’t help but notice the Aerotech Mustang that had been sitting up on the top shelf for weeks and weeks marked down to $28. I could resist no longer, I made an attempt to get it for half of the discount price, but it wouldn’t happen. Got it anyway though. Now to the point of this post: Aerotech makes an AMAZING kit!!!! Such high quality! Everything from the included baffle system, to the hardy shock cord, to the nylon ‘chute! And the best part, that FinLOK system!! Wow!!! Brilliance in a box!!! I’m spoiled! I hear that the Mustang once survived a violent F engine CATO! Any tips on the Mustang?

I was in HL today & I noticed that they had put up 1/2 price on rockets & starter kits through July 3rd. I guess it'll be on the website tomorrow.

.... Oh No ...I'm broke again....

Do they ever have glue 1/2 off?

Yep, they're at it again. And I'm broke too....

2004week27.gif

Every other week Hobby Lobby offers a 40% off cupon by their web site or in the Sunday paper. This is great for supplies or rocket sets. Happy Hunting!!!

I hadn't noticed this thread was from 2004. I just skimmed it and when I finally made it to Hobby Lobby this evening to score some loot I was perplexed to find the rockets on sale for 25%. I found a lady down one of the isles near the rockets and asked her what the deal was and she just looked at me like I was from Mars. I then proceeded to head home to read this thread and to let everyone know that although they were all able to buy rockets at 50% my home town Hobby Lobby decided to only offer half of that. Instead I learn another lesson in how important it is to read thoroughly. I now see this thread is from 3 years ago. Such is life, live and learn.

:cool:

Check in the Clearance aisles at your Hobby Lobby. That's where all the good rocket prices are.:)

Back