Hobby Lobby rocket sale this week

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenobi65

Reaction score
In this Sunday's paper, the Hobby Lobby ad shows that rocket kits and starter sets are 1/2 off this week (sale runs from 6/28 to 7/3). It's stock-up time again!

This is sooo unfair :mad:

There are no Hobby Lobby's anywhere near here.

There are none in California. I liked them in Austin, but they are closed on Sunday.

How many people here know the Sabbath as Saturday, the last day of the week on any calendar?

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
There are none in California. I liked them in Austin, but they are closed on Sunday.

How many people here know the Sabbath as Saturday, the last day of the week on any calendar?

shrox

The Sabbath being Saturday is from Judaism. So, yes - it is the weekly day of religious observance for Jews.

Originally posted by Fore Check
The Sabbath being Saturday is from Judaism. So, yes - it is the weekly day of religious observance for Jews.
Yes, it is the Sabbath Jesus observed. The calendar change by Caeser removed 14 days so the seven day cycle remained intact. (I always wonder why the switch from Saturday to Sunday, I blame pagans.)
Therefore Hobby Lobby should not be closed on Sunday, and since they are already open Saturday, they might as well just stay open all week, and open a store in Eureka, California please!!

shrox

Originally posted by BobH48
This is sooo unfair :mad:

There are no Hobby Lobby's anywhere near here.

Don't feel bad. There isn't one where I live either. I have two hobby shops in my area but neither one of them is a Hobby Lobby.:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Don't feel bad. There isn't one where I live either. I have two hobby shops in my area but neither one of them is a Hobby Lobby.:mad: :mad:

We have NO hobby store here.

shrox

Having no Hobby Lobby is bad but what's worse is having the nearest Hobby Lobby 3 and 1/2 hours away and knowing they carry rockets!

sandman

Advantage to living in a big city...at least 4 Hobby Lobbies within 20-40 minutes. Even more less than an hour away. :D

Disadvantage to living in a big city... no fields to fly in. :( :mad:

Oh another disadvantage, plenty of Hobby Lobbies to blow money on... "Hey the're half off!!...How did I spend $130?!?!?!":rolleyes: :D

Lets see if I go to Hobby Lobby after work tomorrow, which is right down the hill from where I work, and buy the 3 Baby Berthas they have, which I've been thinking about, what on earth would I do with them????????

Notice how I ran it all together. hehe

Ok, thinking to myself, I've got one BB built stock. I could build one for a "D" motor and put one of Rocket Trikes Streamers in it.

I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??:kill:

CrashinJ

Originally posted by crashinj

I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??

Reinforce the fins, add some kevlar shock cord, nylon streamer, nose weight, AND a 29mm motor mount and add a G80-10T to the mix and stir until all ingredients are mixed throughly.:D :D :D

Originally posted by Max_Power004
Advantage to living in a big city...at least 4 Hobby Lobbies within 20-40 minutes. Even more less than an hour away. :D

Disadvantage to living in a big city... no fields to fly in. :( :mad:

Abso-friggin'-lutely, on both counts. There's lots of parkland around here, but it's almost all "forest preserve", which is beautiful forest, but death to rockets. :)

Hobby Lobby has rockets?
This I did not know.
Have to check it out.
Greg

Originally posted by crashinj
Lets see if I go to Hobby Lobby after work tomorrow, which is right down the hill from where I work, and buy the 3 Baby Berthas they have, which I've been thinking about, what on earth would I do with them????????

Notice how I ran it all together. hehe

Ok, thinking to myself, I've got one BB built stock. I could build one for a "D" motor and put one of Rocket Trikes Streamers in it.

I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??:kill:

CrashinJ

TRF's own astronboy does a lot of really cool stuff with Baby Bertha's check this one out, very cool.

Just knocked down one Hobby Lobby's D and E motor supplies (stocking up for TARC 2005!, they accept 60 day returns as well!). I know of 2 more in the area :)

Back