Quantcast

Hobby Lobby rocket sale this week

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kenobi65

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
890
Reaction score
1
In this Sunday's paper, the Hobby Lobby ad shows that rocket kits and starter sets are 1/2 off this week (sale runs from 6/28 to 7/3). It's stock-up time again!
 

BobH48

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
3,370
Reaction score
1
This is sooo unfair :mad:

There are no Hobby Lobby's anywhere near here.
 

rocketsonly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
877
Reaction score
0
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Time to stock up on some D's and E's!
 

shrox

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2
There are none in California. I liked them in Austin, but they are closed on Sunday.

How many people here know the Sabbath as Saturday, the last day of the week on any calendar?

shrox
 

Fore Check

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
4,243
Reaction score
7
Originally posted by shrox
There are none in California. I liked them in Austin, but they are closed on Sunday.

How many people here know the Sabbath as Saturday, the last day of the week on any calendar?

shrox
The Sabbath being Saturday is from Judaism. So, yes - it is the weekly day of religious observance for Jews.
 

shrox

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Fore Check
The Sabbath being Saturday is from Judaism. So, yes - it is the weekly day of religious observance for Jews.
Yes, it is the Sabbath Jesus observed. The calendar change by Caeser removed 14 days so the seven day cycle remained intact. (I always wonder why the switch from Saturday to Sunday, I blame pagans.)
Therefore Hobby Lobby should not be closed on Sunday, and since they are already open Saturday, they might as well just stay open all week, and open a store in Eureka, California please!!

shrox
 

Donaldsrockets

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
3,518
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Originally posted by BobH48
This is sooo unfair :mad:

There are no Hobby Lobby's anywhere near here.
Don't feel bad. There isn't one where I live either. I have two hobby shops in my area but neither one of them is a Hobby Lobby.:mad: :mad:
 

shrox

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Don't feel bad. There isn't one where I live either. I have two hobby shops in my area but neither one of them is a Hobby Lobby.:mad: :mad:
We have NO hobby store here.

shrox
 

sandman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
10,468
Reaction score
5
Having no Hobby Lobby is bad but what's worse is having the nearest Hobby Lobby 3 and 1/2 hours away and knowing they carry rockets!

sandman
 

Max_Power004

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Advantage to living in a big city...at least 4 Hobby Lobbies within 20-40 minutes. Even more less than an hour away. :D

Disadvantage to living in a big city... no fields to fly in. :( :mad:

Oh another disadvantage, plenty of Hobby Lobbies to blow money on... "Hey the're half off!!...How did I spend $130?!?!?!":rolleyes: :D
 

crashinj

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Lets see if I go to Hobby Lobby after work tomorrow, which is right down the hill from where I work, and buy the 3 Baby Berthas they have, which I've been thinking about, what on earth would I do with them????????

Notice how I ran it all together. hehe



Ok, thinking to myself, I've got one BB built stock. I could build one for a "D" motor and put one of Rocket Trikes Streamers in it.

I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??:kill:

CrashinJ
 

Donaldsrockets

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
3,518
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Originally posted by crashinj


I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??
Reinforce the fins, add some kevlar shock cord, nylon streamer, nose weight, AND a 29mm motor mount and add a G80-10T to the mix and stir until all ingredients are mixed throughly.:D :D :D
 

kenobi65

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
890
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Max_Power004
Advantage to living in a big city...at least 4 Hobby Lobbies within 20-40 minutes. Even more less than an hour away. :D

Disadvantage to living in a big city... no fields to fly in. :( :mad:
Abso-friggin'-lutely, on both counts. There's lots of parkland around here, but it's almost all "forest preserve", which is beautiful forest, but death to rockets. :)
 

11bravo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
2,738
Reaction score
0
Hobby Lobby has rockets?
This I did not know.
Have to check it out.
Greg
 

Max_Power004

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by crashinj
Lets see if I go to Hobby Lobby after work tomorrow, which is right down the hill from where I work, and buy the 3 Baby Berthas they have, which I've been thinking about, what on earth would I do with them????????

Notice how I ran it all together. hehe



Ok, thinking to myself, I've got one BB built stock. I could build one for a "D" motor and put one of Rocket Trikes Streamers in it.

I could cluster one, but thats leaves one left, what do I do with it??:kill:

CrashinJ
TRF's own astronboy does a lot of really cool stuff with Baby Bertha's check this one out, very cool.
 

rocketsonly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
877
Reaction score
0
Just knocked down one Hobby Lobby's D and E motor supplies (stocking up for TARC 2005!, they accept 60 day returns as well!). I know of 2 more in the area :)
 
Top