Hobby Lobby Coupons - 25% off?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Was getting the inkling to go see if HL had any of the new Estes kits out , so I went to the web site and see that the coupon for this week is 25% off.

While I've been an avid supporter in years past of HL, can someone tell me how long HL has been using 25% off coupons versus 40% off. Is it only this week, or has this been the norm for a while?

They change it up from week to week.Check back in a few days or a week then they will have a 40%.If you get the paper check that too.:DAlex

Naw - this week only. They ran a 40% coupon last week, along with 30% off all rockets and motors. They usually run the 40% coupon every other week, and then something else (wood, rubber stamps, cake decorating supplies, etc.) on the other week. Once in a while, they'll throw in a 25% off coupon in the off week.

They ticked me off last week - I went in with a 40% off coupon in hand. They didn't have a lot in stock; certainly nothing new. I figured I'd grab a couple of 18mm models at 30% off and grab a Super Neon with the 40% off coupon. No such luck - the cashier refused to let me use the coupon on the Super Neon because "rockets are 30% off and the coupon can't be used on sale merchandise." Duh - I wasn't asking for 40% off the sale price, but she refused to ring the 40% off the regular price on the Neon because... "it's on sale and I can't use the coupon on sale items." AAAARRRGGGHHH:bangpan:

This has never been an issue before, but she was obviously new and I didn't feel like finding a manager and arguing about it, so I just grabbed the two smaller rockets and left the Neon behind (I know, not a LOT of difference between 30% off and 40% off, but by then I was irritated and I didn't need the Neon THAT bad!

I haven't seen nearly as many 25% coupons as 40%, but they used them with some regularity last year.

N

- the cashier refused to let me use the coupon ....This has never been an issue before, but she was obviously new and I didn't feel like finding a manager and arguing about it

Sorry that you had that experience, I've run into the same thing a few times. They don't always seem to employ the "brightest pennies" at those stores--

AK, like these other guys have pointed out, HobLob has been doing changeups on their coupons for quite a while (a couple years now?)
They ran a 40% coupon just one or two weeks ago, probably will have another in the next few weeks. Hey, it's their company, they get to say how they run it and how they put on their sales.

No such luck - the cashier refused to let me use the coupon on the Super Neon because "rockets are 30% off and the coupon can't be used on sale merchandise." Duh - I wasn't asking for 40% off the sale price, but she refused to ring the 40% off the regular price on the Neon because... "it's on sale and I can't use the coupon on sale items." AAAARRRGGGHHH:bangpan:

This has never been an issue before, . . . . .

Then it seems those times before you must have got a cashier that didn't know how to read. :) Not sure what the issue is here but it say right on the coupon, in bold print highlighted in orange, that you must use the coupon on regularly priced items. Who knows why they do it but they must do it for a reason. I've been caught several times with a 40% off coupon during the week that rockets and motors are on sale. If I really need the motors I'll just go for the 30% off sale. It's only about a dollar or less difference. If I don't really need the rocket stuff I'll just wait till the next sale and maybe use the coupon on paint, blades or some other item I need.

Stopped by yesterday. Unfortunately, it's what I thought - since posting the weekly updates on coupons a year or two ago, they haven't updated their stock.

The cashier gave me 40% off on the D12-3 rocket motors when Rocketry was 30% off. Went back on Sat. to buy a sheet of illustration board to cut into bulkheads for a TLP Scud-B "Al Hussein scratch-build. The 25% coupon knocked a buck off the price.:cool:

Back