Hobby Lobby Clearance

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Curtis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Went in today to use my 40% coupon and found the motors I wanted 75% off. They currently have a variety kits and motors reduced. Got a Pro Series Majestic kit for $12 & change. Got two packs of D12-0 for the CC Express I am finishing up for $2.99. 29mm 2-packs are $6.99. B6-2 was the only 18mm I saw marked down. 1/2A3-2 for 13mm. Not sure if this is national or just Avon Indiana, but worth checking out.

One of my local stores has a lot of rocket stuff at 75% off.
Scratch that, DID have a lot of rocket stuff.
So I went to the other one and it had nothing on sale.
Have to keep checking as I did score an opened a8-3 24 pack for 15 bucks with 18 motors in it still....

The times I have seen 75% off is when they want to move it, and usually does not get replaced. If they are clearing it all, I bet no rocket stuff takes its place.

Normal seasonal roll over, usually controlled by location specific "aged, not turning" stock. Clears room for other merchandise which may or may not be direct replacement.

The sky is not falling. Happens all the time.

Just called my store and they have zero marked down in the rocketry section.

I called my three (3) local HL stores, and none of them have any unusual sales on rocketry items at this time.
Talked to one of the store managers, and he said that in our region (North East), rocketry section items only go on sale during Xmas (25% off), and for the final clearance when a store decides to permanently reduce inventory.

Situation may be different in other parts of the country, but I've never seen any rocketry supplies on sale at my local HL's, other than the perpetual 40% off one item deal.

HTH,
a

Last edited:
majestic 12.49
airwalker 4.24
alpha 4 3.24
1/2 a32t 2.74
b6-0 2.74
d12-0 2.99
e16-6 6.24
f15-8 6.99
sonic igniters 1.49 I always wondered why the carried them since they have not had composite motors in years
they also had a couple of ready to fly models and two starter kits in the 6 buck range,
wizards had a "d" on them two weeks ago but there were not any.

this was the Mishawaka IN location
happy hunting I was in one last week out of town with nothing marked down yet

This is the second report of this 'clearance'! Defiantly will check my local store tomorrow.

The local one I hit that did have stuff marked down I believe was stock that sat there a while.
They had other things on sale too like Excel pull saw and the like.
One rocket kit had three price stickers, 1st layer was 10.99 then a 14.99 and another 14.99 then
the red mark down sticker.

I called my three (3) local HL stores, and none of them have any unusual sales on rocketry items at this time.
Talked to one of the store managers, and he said that in our region (North East), rocketry section items only go on sale during Xmas (25% off), and for the final clearance when a store decides to permanently reduce inventory.
Thanks for doing the work for me. :)

I'm still bummed that they stopped carrying F15-0s. I now have no non-hazmat source for those things. :(

OMG - walterb is right. Stopped by the local HL (I live in California) after work and picked these up...

20190627_193559.jpg 20190627_193633.jpg 20190627_193647.jpg 20190627_193655.jpg

PSII Star Orbiter for $5.49, Majestic for $12.49
black powder E and F motors for less than $7
low impulse motors for less than $3
also got a couple of starter kits with launch pad/controller for less than $7
...pretty much bought out their clearance items there.

I'm gonna hit up the one by my work during lunch to see if that store has the same things.

Thanks to Jeff and walterb for letting us know!

I called 6 nearest stores and none of them have discounted anything yet. The last person said that they are getting ready to discontinue selling all rocketry items so I would have to keep calling back to see when they will be clearanced out.

Last edited:
The last person said that they are getting ready to discontinue selling all rocketry items so I would have to keep calling back to see when they will be clearance out.

I hope this isn't true....but I guess we will all find out eventually.

Last edited:
Just got back from the local Hobby Lobby, nothing on clearance unfortunately.

I did pick up a Mercury Redstone kit though :D

Curse You TRF! NOT! YES/NO/MAYBE? I saw this thread and just had to go check HobLob. Yep ended up letting go of a C-note. I left no BP behind or igniters, scored a Majestic, Star Orbiter & 60th Anniversary Alpha. Non rocketry I got a SS 1FT/Metric ruler & an Aluminum Yd/METER stick. Also a new knife w 5 blades (them things dissappear like pencils/pens you know). I couldn't bring myself to open my app to another 40% off for that.
I did leave behind many small kits, RTF, ARF & launch sets.
If I have time after a Medford lpw launch tomorrow I'll head to Stillwater & see what they have(rubs wallet to ease pain).

"The last person said that they are getting ready to discontinue selling all rocketry items so I would have to keep calling back to see when they will be clearanced out."

I'd hazard a guess that maybe that store will but one of mine has none of it on clearance and the one that does still has
most of the rocketry stuff at regular price and what seems to me the dusty stuff clearances like the sonic igniters....

No clearance sale for me, but yeah I grabbed a Flip Flyer with 40% coupon to add to my helicopter/rotor recovery fleet. Only PSII on the shelf was a Majestic, I had already bought their last Star Orbiter last month.

20190628_145428.jpg 20190628_144547.jpg 20190628_144602.jpg I picked up some great deals on Hobby Lobby clearance sale today. There are 2 near me. Only one had any clearance on model rocket stuff.

Lots of good buys showing up here. I think that the next time Hobby Lobby does something consistently in all stores nationwide, that will be the FIRST time. :) At least since I've been an interested consumer of their model rocket stock - 2006.

I'd like some confirmation on discontinuing rockets. I can easily intuit that it's some rattle-brained employee that got their facts wrong. I can also easily intuit this being a real deal.

I'd like some confirmation on discontinuing rockets. I can easily intuit that it's some rattle-brained employee that got their facts wrong. I can also easily intuit this being a real deal.

Unless someone can talk to a Corporate Level representative or contact them at their HQ, then we have to take an employees word for it. I sent an email to the company website asking for confirmation of the discontinuation of the rocketry items.

Last edited:
We have one existing thread on here, which was formed by combining two other threads. Look several posts above to see the main one.

Back