Quantcast

hobby lobby clearance isle jackpot...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jerryb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
My wife hit the jackpot on the clearance isle at hobby lobby today...

got me an Estes V-2, E-class kit dual 24" parachute for 30.00 was regular 52.00

bought 5 kits ranging from 2.00 each to 8.00 each

they had estes motors at 5.00 per pack

c11-7, c11-0, many b and c packs as well

this was ALL stuff that had NOT been on the regular HL rocket isle... I've been there and picked it over extensively..

in the past HL has seemed to duplicate the merch. on clearance isles at other stores.. so you folks might want to check that out in your towns...

later
Jerryb
 

Darian Rachal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
Will do, Jerryb. I got all the pkgs of 2 pack Econojets they had left for about $14.00 a pack. Maybe I'll run by there this evening & see if they've marked anymore clearance stuff down. Thanks for the information. :)
 

jerryb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Darian Rachal
Will do, Jerryb. I got all the pkgs of 2 pack Econojets they had left for about $14.00 a pack. Maybe I'll run by there this evening & see if they've marked anymore clearance stuff down. Thanks for the information. :)
oh man... you guys have econojets at Hobby Lobby??? nothing remotely like that here.. limited selection of estes motors...

you ever make the solar launches in Baton Rouge? or the Tripoli launch in mannsfield??

just wondering

later
Jerryb
 

Darian Rachal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by jerryb
oh man... you guys have econojets at Hobby Lobby??? nothing remotely like that here.. limited selection of estes motors...

you ever make the solar launches in Baton Rouge? or the Tripoli launch in mannsfield??

just wondering

later
Jerryb
Jerry, the Econojets I bought were old stock from when HL used to carry AT. They put them on clearance when they moved into a new building. I got an AT Initiator Starter set, w/o motors for $37.00 on clearance.

I go to the Tripoli launch near Winnsboro(about 100 miles from me). They are a great bunch of fellows & do an excellent job with the launch. I just do mid power so it's nice to see some HPR activity.

How far are you from B.R.?

You ought to try to make the Tripoli launch that will occur in the fall. It'd be well worth the drive.
 

jerryb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Darian Rachal
How far are you from B.R.?

You ought to try to make the Tripoli launch that will occur in the fall. It'd be well worth the drive.

I live about 45minutes west of Baton Rouge.. we make the monthly solar launches..but have wanted to go to the winsboro launch at least once... last i looked that was about a 3 hour trip for us.

I might see you there one day...

later
Jerryb
 
Top