Hobby Lobby + Aerotech?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Webster

Reaction score
I just read a post on facebook, and the poster says a newly opened Hobby Lobby is carrying Aerotech products. I live in Oklahoma, the home and headquarters of Hobby Lobby. I have 3 stores within 15 minutes of me and visit them all regularly to check clearance and use 40% coupen. I have never seen any Aerotech products, does your Hobby Lobby carry Aerotech?

Last edited:
As Abraham Lincoln once said, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Well, the post is from Dan Michael, Aerotech east coast company demo rep. I find it highly unlikely he would make up such a lie.

You might have mentioned who posted it to start with. I assumed it was some random guy. I checked the Hobby Lobby website and didn't find Aerotech motors; only Estes.

You might have mentioned who posted it to start with. I assumed it was some random guy. I checked the Hobby Lobby website and didn't find Aerotech motors; only Estes.
The point of my post was not to Identify the Identity of the poster. I am just curious if anyone elses local Hobby Lobby is carrying and Aerotech products.

I read that post on Facebook and now have the burning desire to see if Q-Jets are at my local hobby lobby.

I read that post on Facebook and now have the burning desire to see if Q-Jets are at my local hobby lobby.
Hey! I have been watching a lot of your launch videos on youtube, great stuff. Are you in Oklahoma as well? Tulsa Rocketry Club?

It was probably about 10-15 years ago that I bought an Aerotech Mustang kit at Hobby Lobby in Oshkosh Wisconsin. I remember it was on clearance because H/L was discontinuing the Aerotech product line.

I am guessing this is a story from 20 some odd years ago. The way it was written made it sound like it had just happened today. BUMMER, sure wish my Hobby Lobby carried Aerotech.

Last edited:
They carry Aerotech initiator and a few AT composite motors in Chattanooga,TN. Nothing compared to a online vendor. I’m not thrilled about a G-80T but maybe some guy out there is. Might be old stock. No decent launch sites in Chattanooga. I’ve bought a few Estes E and D motors and a launch pad/controller from them.

No Aerotech listed on their web site. What IS listed there under "rockets" pretty well matches what is in my local Hobby Lobby (which is also Ryan's local store). Not likely to see QJets there.....or G80Ts either.

Back