Hobby Lobby 50% off thru Saturday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now iv'e got a reason to go to that new hobby lobby they just built! yeeeeahhhhhhhhhh-cinnamon rolls!

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
Now iv'e got a reason to go to that new hobby lobby they just built! yeeeeahhhhhhhhhh-cinnamon rolls!

Are you talking about the one in Kirkwood/Sunset Hills right at Lindbergh and I-44? Or did they build another one up on the north side?

Hey THANKS !!! I've gotta head into town in a bit anyway ... might as well as check out what I can get with this coupon !!!

The one located near me is at highway 70 and Cave Springs in St. Charles.

I bought a Firehawk, Bandito & Shuttle Express-all for $10 dollars and some change! The firehawk & bandito are mini-engine rockets with bt-20 tubes and 12" parachute recovery-kinda differint for mini-engine rockets. The shuttle express has two gliders that look like space shuttles that glide back at apogee. I got this one cause it was something different.-kinda reminds me of my space shuttle orbiter I had back in the day.

I bought a Quest Penetrator, Quest Zenith II, and a Estes Python 4 ... all for $15.00 !!! Great deal !!!

I just may go back tommorrow !

Do they usually do this, or did I just get really lucky? I wanted to get the Executioner 1/2 off because it is normally $38!! :eek: They had it!! I needed E and D engines for it as well as an "E" Launch Pad and an E Controller, I asked if the %50 off included engines, pads etc. and they said that anything that has to do with model rockets was %50 off!!!:eek: I went nuts.:D I got an Estes "E" pad and controller, 2 packs of C6-7, 1 pack of C6-5, 2 packs of E9-6, 1 pack of A10-3T, 1 pack of A3-4T, 1 pack of D12-3, 1 pack of D12-5, the Executioner of course, an SR-71, Swift, Guardian, GeminiDC, 2 Quarks, and a Quest Gamma Ray. All for %50 off!!:eek: :D

My hobby lobby was sold out of D engines, I really wanted a bunch for my fatboy.

Originally posted by Max_Power004
Do they usually do this, or did I just get really lucky? I wanted to get the Executioner 1/2 off because it is normally $38!! :eek: They had it!! I needed E and D engines for it as well as an "E" Launch Pad and an E Controller, I asked if the %50 off included engines, pads etc. and they said that anything that has to do with model rockets was %50 off!!!:eek: I went nuts.:D I got an Estes "E" pad and controller, 2 packs of C6-7, 1 pack of C6-5, 2 packs of E9-6, 1 pack of A10-3T, 1 pack of A3-4T, 1 pack of D12-3, 1 pack of D12-5, the Executioner of course, an SR-71, Swift, Guardian, GeminiDC, 2 Quarks, and a Quest Gamma Ray. All for %50 off!!:eek: :D

The last two times I went to hobby lobby for the 50% off sale, I got the engines and stuff half off. Cleared them out of E9-6's and -8's, D12-5's and 7's, and C11-5's and 7's. Bought every pack they had, plus a few C6's and mini engines.

Only picking up 2 rockets (nothing big) on each trip, I still spent over $100 each time. You just can't beat 1/2 price engines. Especially D's and E's.

Sadly, I don't think I'm making the sale at all this week. Maybe next time........

I'm not going to make it back over to Hobby Lobby today :-( ... I was wondering .... how often do these stores have this sale ?

Originally posted by Aerobee300
I'm not going to make it back over to Hobby Lobby today :-( ... I was wondering .... how often do these stores have this sale ?

I've only been on this forum for about 3 months, but it seems I've already seen it once since then (it may have been a little old when I saw it). Maybe every 6 months or so.

I hope I have a few more bucks to spend next go-round !!!

But really, I have enough kits to keep me busy for quite a while as it is .... plus I'll have some more coming from Thrustline soon !

Originally posted by Aerobee300
how often do these stores have this sale ?

HobLob holds these sales about every two-three months, or at least they have for the past year or more.

Some of the sales are on Estes kits only. Some sales are for all brands of rocket kits (but HobLob does not carry much Aerotech any more). Some sales are for kits and starter kits.

Theoretically, none of the sales include motors. The fine print on the coupon spells this out, but the cashiers in your area may not be able to read? Here in Fort Worth, I have not been able to sneak any motors into the half-off deal---the HobLob cashiers always tell me motors are not included. In fact, once when I bought a gob of Mosquitos and small kits, they started to ring them up at full price because the cashiers thought the packages were motors and not kits!

Is this for all Hobby Lobby stores, or just certain ones? I looked at the internet coupon deal and don't see anything about rockets! I went to the HL in Rapid City and they didn't know anything about it!! Am I missing something here or what?

CrashinJ

Originally posted by crashinj
Is this for all Hobby Lobby stores, or just certain ones? I looked at the internet coupon deal and don't see anything about rockets! I went to the HL in Rapid City and they didn't know anything about it!! Am I missing something here or what?

CrashinJ

It's for all HL stores, but they change the "Internet coupon" every Sunday. The coupon for rockets was only good for 3/22 - 3/27. This week's coupon is on beads.

Hey! "Home Accents", whatever the heck those are, are 90% off! :D I assume it would be like plastic grapes or something.:rolleyes:

All I see on the website is an internet coupon for jewelry beads?

Am I missing something?

thx

Originally posted by crashinj
I looked at the internet coupon deal and don't see anything about rockets! CrashinJ

This is weekly coupon that expired Saturday, 03/27/04. They may have already removed/changed the PDF.

:(

HobLob only puts its stuff on sale for one week at a time.

You need to check early in the week (Mon/Tues) and make your purchases before Saturday night. They are not open on Sunday.

I think that a note has been posted here on TRF for every one of their sales for at least the past year, so this forum would be another good place to check. Wait about two months, and then start looking for another HobLob sale.

Yep, thats right! I read the posts, and thought I'd go in tomorrow, then tomorrow came and I said I'd go in tomorrow. I had too many tomorrows! After all why do today what you can do tomorrow. LOL:D

I was going to pick up a couple of Baby Bertha's and see what kind of motor(s) I could stuff in one, since I can't find Fatboys at my Wallyworld. :D

CrashinJ

Back