Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon going away

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little research shows that HL has been sued over the coupons and how they can be used. Apparently HL discounts many of their products up to 30% all the time and therefore these items are ineligible for the coupon as only one discount may be used for a purchase. Two lawsuits were filed and they have been turned into a class action lawsuit. The coupons MIGHT come back in the future depending on the legal actions.

I read years ago that HL cashiers ring up prices manually to make the interaction more personal.

All HL locations are closed on Sunday as the owner is a devout Christian who wants employees to not have to work on Sunday. I am not in favor of Blue Laws, but if an individual wants to close their stores to give employees a day off for family time and to worship that is fine by me.

Sundays are one of my main days to do hobby stuff. I'd probably go buy stuff on Sundays if they were open -- maybe even get a chicken filet sandwich too -- but I guess Jeezus told them no.

Thinking back to my college / young adult days working at gas stations and stores like Hobby Lobby, I always wanted to work on Sundays because the pace of business was a little slower than weekdays, you could get some weekly tasks done, and it was an easy way to pick up an 8-hour shift.

My parents were the last ones telling me whether I should go to church or not, when I was about 12, I didn't need some boss telling me a decade later.

Of course, when I had bosses telling me to work or not work on Sundays, it usually had nothing to do with me going to church or not, and a lot more with making sure my hours worked didn't hit certain figures which would have made me eligible for health care or unemployment coverage. They sure acted like THAT was a commandment from Sweet Baby Jeezus himself.

If they get rid of the 40% off coupon, it'll certainly be one less reason to go there any other day of the year.

Last edited:
Back