• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found History of the improved (M50) Honest John Rocket System, 1954-1965 – 1965 by Mary T Cagle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Seeking a copy of a mimeographed book from noted historian Mary T. Cagle. Mary documented the development and testing of many US Army rockets and missile systems in the 1950's and 60's--contributing some amazing information of interest to scale modelers.

The book or file that I'm seeking is titled:

History of the improved (M50) Honest John rocket system, 1954-1965 – 1965 by Mary T Cagle

The earlier and related book in this series is available online at no cost:

History of the Basic (M31) Honest John John Rocket System, 1950-1964

https://www.scribd.com/document/73031679/M31-Honest-John-History

But my efforts to locate a copy of the later book on the M50 variation have so far turned up no copies. I've tried Internet searches, requests for inter-library loans, and even driven to Huntsville to search various archives at Redstone with no success.

If anyone has a copy of the book or a file (PDF) copy, I'd be willing to pay top dollar to obtain a copy. Considering that the Honest John is the first nuclear capable missile in history, I'm really surprised that more copies of this reference don't seem to exist.

Cannot thank you enough for this! Looks like you have quite a collection of HoJo materials. Do a search on TRF for "Demi John"...I posted some rare photos of this interesting varient.

Thank you again! Huge help to me.

Cannot thank you enough for this! Looks like you have quite a collection of HoJo materials. Do a search on TRF for "Demi John"...I posted some rare photos of this interesting varient.

Thank you again! Huge help to me.

Hello! I am desperately looking for this book too (Cagle, History of the Improved M50) and came across this thread. Do you by any chance still have the pdf that vcp uploaded? It is deleted from the dropbox folder. I would be a huge help since its mission essential to my research!
Thanks!!

Yes, I do. Please shoot me your e-mail address in a private message, and I'll send you the PDF this evening when I return from work. If you are free to share, I'd love to know about your research. Always (always!) digging for more information on the Honest John and its variations. Favorite missile/rocket of all time.

Back