History Channel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan S.

Reaction score
Tommorow night at 9 there is a show on called "Hitlers Vengence Weapons" it is about the V1 and V2.....should be good

Well, considering I will be at a house with cable tomorrow...

:D

This is on my must tape list.

I just wish they'd run the Rocketry special again..I missed it by a week..*sniff*..*wahhhhhh*

I'm pretty sure I've got the same thing on tape. I bought it from Duxford Imperial War Mesuem.

Its called Htiler's V Weapons. Its 50 mins long aproxx and basically covers every german rocket/missile iin WW2. Is this the same program?

Here's the cover:

b00004cndk.jpg

I hope its the same one because its really interesting

Phil

here is a discription:

From a remote German island in the Baltic Sea, the first successful launch of a rocket into the stratosphere took place in October 1942. This is the story of the Nazi's last desperate bid to turn the tide of WWII by unleashing an arsenal of sinister weapons. Known as V-1, a prototype cruise missile, and V-2, the first ballistic missile, the weapons caused immense civilian casualties. Enter the world of rocket scientists, secret weapons, and the race to destroy two of Hitler's most elusive weapons.__ TV G
(taken from www.historychannel.com)

go to www.historychannel.com and halfway down the page there are some listings. click on hitler's vengence weapons to get some info

Sandman... I've had those pages marked for a long time. They're great! Through the Astronautica page, i found another Nazi project that called for the construction of a space station with a giant orbital mirror. The mirror would focus the rays of the sun onto the earth, and set fire to all those cities who stood opposed to the Third Reich. No really, it's true...

Ryan quoted the HC: >the weapons caused immense civilian casualties<

According to what i've read, especially on the V2rocket.com site, the V2 caused more deaths amongst the slaves pressed into service to build the rockets, than amongst the civilian targets themselves. It was certainly more fear-inducing, though: it came in at supersonic velocities, so one would have no warning of an imminent attack.

That orbital Mirror sounds a lot like the thing in the James Bond movie Die Another Day - - The worst Bond movie ever!

It all makes you think what would have happened if the Nazis *did* take over the world...

Originally posted by Ryan S.
Tommorow night at 9 there is a show on called "Hitlers Vengence Weapons" it is about the V1 and V2.....should be good

They bombed our chippys:D

Originally posted by graylensman
Sandman... I've had those pages marked for a long time. They're great! Through the Astronautica page, i found another Nazi project that called for the construction of a space station with a giant orbital mirror. The mirror would focus the rays of the sun onto the earth, and set fire to all those cities who stood opposed to the Third Reich. No really, it's true...

Ryan quoted the HC: >the weapons caused immense civilian casualties<

According to what i've read, especially on the V2rocket.com site, the V2 caused more deaths amongst the slaves pressed into service to build the rockets, than amongst the civilian targets themselves. It was certainly more fear-inducing, though: it came in at supersonic velocities, so one would have no warning of an imminent attack.

I agree, they werent very accurate weapons and they werent extremely effective at killing but they scared the public, alot. The public knew that at any time a bomb could fall out of the sky and knock out a city block.

The most interesting fact about the V2s is how much they resembled some of Robbert Goddards rockets. One he has looksed exactly like a V2 but longer. People say we borrowed our rocketry technology from the germans, but they borrowed it from us first, the only problem was we were not smart enough to realize its usefullness.

Originally posted by graylensman
According to what i've read, especially on the V2rocket.com site, the V2 caused more deaths amongst the slaves pressed into service to build the rockets, than amongst the civilian targets themselves.
The stuff I was reading about what went on in Mittelwerk is horrible. Its enough to make your eye-balls itch. :eek:

Back