hilarious excerpt from Wired magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Quoted from 'Why Nerd Are Unpopular' on page 85 in the December 05 issue of Wired.

"If you're too cool for school, you're probably not very smart. Some of us would rather build rockets than friendships."

"Being unpopular in school makes kids miserable, some so miserable that they commit suicide. Telling me that I didn't want to be popular would have seemed like telling someone dying of thirst in a desert that he didn't want a glass of water. Of course, I wanted to be popular.
But, in fact, I didn't - not enough. There was something else I wanted more: to be smart. Not simply to do well in school, though that counted for something, but to design beautiful rockets, or to write well, or to understnad how to program computers. In heneral, to make great things."

Cool eh?

Cool!

It seems to me at least that most of the time I can talk to the popular kids but stay myself. I haven't dropped below an 80% avg since like gr. 4 or 5!

I seem to have the touch to build nice flying rockets but also stay in an okay image. I'm still recognized as a nerd tho!

Funny!

Back