The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkkusuroket

Reaction score
When we do the simulation, it gives warning that the parachute is opened at high speed. However, the parachute opens at the apogee point where the velocity of the rocket is 0 m / s. When we examine the graph, we see that the velocity at the opening point of the parachute is -0.5 m / s. However, the warning says it is 35.8 m / s. What is the cause of this error, how can we solve it? :(:(

I'm sending a picture that shows error:
https://i.hizliresim.com/va39vv.png

[QUOTE = "timbucktoo, post: 1944567, üye: 17008"] Roket yatay hareket ediyor olabilir. Rüzgar hızını sıfıra mı ayarladınız? [/ QUOTE]
Wind speed is 10 m/s. I get a high speed error when I write 2 m/s. I tried many ways but I couldn't solve the problem :(

In the "rocket design" tab, choose the parachute object and make sure that it is set to "deploy at apogee" from the drop-down menu.

In the "rocket design" tab, choose the parachute object and make sure that it is set to "deploy at apogee" from the drop-down menu.
This was resolved in PMs.

The initial deployment was set to 3000m (as a requirement going in), and apogee was around 3100m, so deployment was indeed high speed (about 120 mph). There were additional deployments as well, and it seems that the one OR was reporting in the sim table must have been the *last* one, which was indeed around 20 mph. That is a slightly strange choice by OR, but whatever.

Back