High power videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr_rocket04

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if you guys could post any links you know to good high power launch videos using an M class engine equivalent or larger.

I know about Gates Brothers, but I remember a while back finding a vid of like an R or a S class rocket launching and I'm hoping there's more videos out there like it.

Wow, that was the coolest lawndart ever! Too bad for the rocket though. What size M was it?

Here's a seven (big) motor cluster vid:

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/

Click on the "Wildman Theater" link bottom left and then the Wildman Project.

IIRC that was an N4000 surrounded by six M2200 Skidmarks. Quite impressive to say the least.

That is just amazing. I could sit on my computer all day if vids like this kept coming!

Download page

Here ya go, sit awhile......HarBazN3500 is an easy one in EX form, MDRA Cow P is an EX P motor, not a cow peeing, MDRA Jerry OShred is three EX Ms feeding a single M sustainer, LDRS23RobDH8TL23 is an AMW N, NYP-X 3 J mono is three Js on a monocopter, P motor test is....you guessed it.

So there ya go, go nutz.

Chuck

While not videos take a look at the Brent Hill still photos of the Wildman launch here:

https://tripoliquadcities39.com/page3.html

I should have added this link earlier.

Brent Hill is an excellent rocket photographer and flier. A great asset to have at any launch both for his camera and rocket expertise.

Those are also very nice videos. Some of the ones on the Apple page wont load however, like the N3500 video. I know there are more high power vids out there though, I still haven't seen the one I originally saw with the R or S motor. I think maybe it was a Tomahawk if I can remember right.

Too bad the rocket that went 70+ miles didn't have an onboard cam!

Originally posted by pr_rocket04

Too bad the rocket that went 70+ miles didn't have an onboard cam!

Actually, It did, although I have never seen it yet

S motor...pfft. i throw two of those in my upscale flis kits deuces wild...lol

Well who knows where the onboard video can be found??? Must find that video!

Originally posted by pr_rocket04
Well who knows where the onboard video can be found??? Must find that video!

I have no idea, I'll see if a person in our club who was on the team would know

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Wow Ive never seen a lawndart like that. That had to hurt :(

It wasn't pretty. He took what was left home in bin-bags IIRC.

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Wow Ive never seen a lawndart like that. That had to hurt :(

It was quite scary too .... you had to be there and hear the whistle as it accellerated back down and I swear you could feel the shockwave as it went in and the fin can bounced back out of the crater. The flight was conducted in complete safety, the impact was downrange and some distance away .. but it was still scary :eek:

Had it been a success, Roy would have been the first to gain his L3 flying within the UK

Originally posted by North Star
It was quite scary too .... you had to be there and hear the whistle as it accellerated back down...

If you turn up the volume a bit, you can hear the whistle on the video.

Originally posted by North Star
It was quite scary too .... you had to be there and hear the whistle as it accellerated back down

I've learned that if you hear the whistle you have nothing to fear. When you don't hear it then it's above you. At a recent launch I heard a pfft-boom.......and an 8 pound bowling ball landed 25 feet away. If it's coming in fast I want to hear a lot of whistliing. ;-)

Back