High Power Swivels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manwithbeers

Reaction score
I just picked up some of these Stainless Steel 11/0 Swivels. They are made for commercial fishing. I am going to use them on the recovery harness of my 17 pound rocket.
The supplier said they should hold near 1000 pounds! I'm not betting on that but it would take a lot of G's to near half that weight in a rocket and they look as strong as any other parts in my recovery system.

If anyone wants to try some I will send them to TRF members at cost plus shipping. They are $1.75 Canadian each.

30 grams each. 65 mm long and 20 mm wide. No bearings but they spin well under load.

There were some that are half the size I'm going to get later for midpower stuff.

If you want to try some please contact me at [email protected] before the end of July '04

Look like Skyangle swivels to me. If they're the same thing, they work great.

I found Skyangle and their swivels. They have 9/0 and 12/0. They claim thier 12/0 swivels hold 1500 pounds! However, thier swivels are Brass with Nickle plating.

From thier site,

"The same heavy-duty nickel plated brass swivels found on all SkyAngles can also be purchased separately to enhance other brands! 1/2" diameter eyelet for large line sizes. Accept no substitute, these are the strongest swivels around!

Size 9/0 1,000 pounds tensile $3.00

Size 12/0 1,500 pounds tensile $3.75"

Wow. $$$

All these swivels are manufactured by a company called Sampo. They have two different lines, the Sampo and Rosco. What you have there is a Rosco Barrel Swivel.

Here is the link to their site:
https://www.sampoinc.com/

If you look around you will see a lot of swivels you can use :)

Have fun!

Edward

Originally posted by edwardw
All these swivels are manufactured by a company called Sampo. They have two different lines, the Sampo and Rosco. What you have there is a Rosco Barrel Swivel.

Here is the link to their site:
https://www.sampoinc.com/

If you look around you will see a lot of swivels you can use :)

Have fun!

Edward

Not even close. They are swivels but not brass, not 12/0 or even 9/0, not Sampo and not $3 USD + each.

Wow, I talked to a vendor and they said that the 12/0 Skyangle swivles were Rosco swivels. I know I get my 12/0 swivels for $23 for 12 swivels.

Edward

Originally posted by edwardw
I know I get my 12/0 swivels for $23 for 12 swivels.

Edward

That's the best price I've heard of other than the ones I got.

I was pretty lucky to get the price I did. It's roughly equal to $1.32 USD each.

I had no idea there were so many vendors selling them. Don't know how I missed them although I did'nt give them much though until I saw a thread here on parachute swivels.

Thanks!

Let me know if you ever have any tests you would be interested in.

Doc

Back