High Power Swivel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomopbo

Reaction score
For low power stuff I use fishing swivels to cut down on chute tangling. What do you high power guys recommend as "swivel hardware" if any?

Has anyone gotten swivels from CommonWealth? I see they have 900lb and 1500lb versions.....

Thanks for the link. I never looked elsewhere as it was always just easier to add a couple to an order. I didn't compare prices, but it appears these are cheaper on first glance.

I thought the Giant Leap swivels were stainless steel, but the web site doesn't specify. Also, the Giant Leap swivels are barrel swivels while the Sampo one's referenced are ball bearing which may actually be better. Although I have never had a problem with the Giant Leap variety...

Just a note the ball bearing swivels have much lower test weights than the barrel type. Eg. 200lb test compared to 1500lb for a similar size barrel type.

Originally posted by nomopbo
For low power stuff I use fishing swivels to cut down on chute tangling. What do you high power guys recommend as "swivel hardware" if any?

Quick links, no swivels.

I leave the shrouds sliding freely through them. It self-balances them on the way down. That prevents most tangling. Between flights, remove them, and any little tangling that did occur falls out freely. Reconnect them and it's ready again in seconds.

Back