high performers lpr

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachsta

Reaction score
what is the best lpr performer in your opinion? by best i mean i highest flying/ fastest for its diameter.

Commache-3

a 3 stage rocket that uses Ds Bs and Cs. Very high altitude

Most of the Estes minimum diameter rockets will scream on a big enough
motor, but here's a few favorites-

* Estes Gnome on A10-3T

* Estes Sizzler on C6-5

* hmmm, just realized- my son & I need a C11-7 flyer! ;)

* Estes (cloned) Cherokee-D on D12-5

Our Blink Family is very fast. Mainly the Baby Blink and you get 3 for the price of 1.

BT-5 - Any of the ASP Tomahawk series

BT20 - Estes Wizard or slightly larger diameter Quest Sprint

BT50 - Estes Comanche-3

BT-55 - Estes Cherokee-D

BT-60 - Custom Land Viper

BT-80 - Estes Big Bertha/Broadsword/Astron Super Ranger ;)

The Midnight Express will surprise you :) (18mm)

The Overdrive gets high marks, but there are several other BT-5 based models that will outperform it... ...that is, if you could measure any of them LOL

Originally posted by bachsta
what is the best lpr performer in your opinion? by best i mean i highest flying/ fastest for its diameter.

Lil' 'Tinker, from Dec. 1965 Model Rocket News. Recovery is split-tube tumble.

Apogee's Aspire will easily get 3000' on an Estes E9-6. Very nice rocket.

Originally posted by JRThro
Does it split at that diagonal seam? I've never seen or even heard of that type of recovery before.

No, the engine and body tubes separate just below the lower launch lug. The pieces are held together by shock cord. I used kevlar.

me thinks the flis Cheetah on c6-0 to c6-7 is pretty well gone I walked a mile for the recovery, and lost sight of it before the booster was burnt out:D .

Yep, fergot about the cheetah too. I've considered adding some nose weight to the cheetah, ripping out the motor mounts and going 24mm just to try it... :D

For small single stage stuff, I have an Estes Hi Flier, and thats supposed to do over 1600' on a C6, which is pretty high for a C. On a B I think its good for over 1000'

I've seen Estes Mean Machines pushed to the limit. Can't remember the motor but...

FLASH

GONE

PUFF

I SEE IT!!!

Yep, fergot about the cheetah too. I've considered adding some nose weight to the cheetah, ripping out the motor mounts and going 24mm just to try it...

that confirms my suspisions about you, you are gone, outer space without a rocket :D (hum wow 24mm cheetah that would be better than boosting the richter rechter). :kill:

Our Freebird will hit almost 1800' and the Space Ranger will do just over 1500' on C engines.

The Gremlin will do just about 1700' on a D.

depends on the motor. i stuffed an aerotech D21-T in a star-dart and KAPOW. never found. must've gone 3000' easy. straight shot and all. even with no clouds though, couldnt track it. totally gone.

depends on the motor. i stuffed an aerotech D21-T in a star-dart and KAPOW. never found. must've gone 3000' easy. straight shot and all. even with no clouds though, couldnt track it. totally gone.

Did the same with an E30. All I saw was the ejection puff. No rocket. Dead straight flight. Beautiful day.

dont ya hate that??? man, next time i do something stupid like that, im getting it on film. ever seen an estes quark on an a10? man, thats how this star dart zipped off the pad. its probably orbiting earth as we speak. or else it was going so fast that it just turned into powder....lol.

dont ya hate that??? man, next time i do something stupid like that, im getting it on film. ever seen an estes quark on an a10? man, thats how this star dart zipped off the pad. its probably orbiting earth as we speak. or else it was going so fast that it just turned into powder....lol.

LOL!!!

Back