EVENT High Frontier 16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldschool77

Reaction score
Tulsa Rocketry is again hosting High Frontier, an annual regional launch at Pawhuska Ok. Starting Sept. 28 & 29, launch times are from 9-5 both days. With a 20,000 ft. AGL waiver, a Sat. night launch and MANY contests.
For more info go to www.tulsarocketry.org

Pawhuska has seen a lot of rain the past few nights. However I have NOT received a NO-GO email. Set up starts at 10am tomorrow ending with a matinee launch for the attendees. So I say it's a GO! See ya there!

If there is a launch site that can take a lot of rain i would think Pawhuska would be it. Rocky ground, up high with ample drainage away to the South and some to the east. Watching the weather for Saturday closely.

Today was a beautiful clear day. One problem, wind! As there was no matinee launch I went home after setup. Be careful when transitioning off the blacktop, the ditch was a little slick today. Even if there is no more rain (fingers crossed)the traffic will likely churn it up. Dry quickly ditch, dry quickly.

Back