High Frontier 14 Regional Rocket Launch 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My just completed Wildman Drago 4XL. Dragon decal from Stickershock23.

It will be flying this Friday at High Frontier 14.

Red Dragon A.jpgRed Dragon 2.jpg

That gold really pops on the red Dwayne. You going to paint the tip to match? Just kiddin, looks great!

That gold really pops on the red Dwayne. You going to paint the tip to match? Just kiddin, looks great!

I actually plan on painting the nose cone tip gold, but the dew points are too high here in NW Arkansas right now. Plus, it has to be painted to fly in Argonia. I was also going to apply the gold vinyl film to the leading edges of the fins, but that may be too much. Still debating that.

I actually plan on painting the nose cone tip gold, but the dew points are too high here in NW Arkansas right now. Plus, it has to be painted to fly in Argonia. I was also going to apply the gold vinyl film to the leading edges of the fins, but that may be too much. Still debating that.

Slick willy!!!

I have a LOC IRIS 3 inch with 38 hole. Upgraded to dual deploy with nylon shock cords. Dual StrataloggersCF. Plan 2 flights H123 and I161 on Friday.

On Saturday my kobayashi maru on K1000T staging to a J460T around noon.

On Sunday my "O My" on a M1850W

I have a LOC IRIS 3 inch with 38 hole. Upgraded to dual deploy with nylon shock cords. Dual StrataloggersCF. Plan 2 flights H123 and I161 on Friday.

I didn't know you were flying on Friday or I would have planned on coming up Thursday.

I'm bringing 6 rockets to fly but that may be a little optimistic for just Saturday & Sunday with a 2 hour shift of range duty included.

Getting ready to pack up tomorrow, see you guys Friday night.

The Friday is a matinee launch for those who come out and help with set up.

I didn't know you were flying on Friday or I would have planned on coming up Thursday.

I'm bringing 6 rockets to fly but that may be a little optimistic for just Saturday & Sunday with a 2 hour shift of range duty included.

I'll be flying my Go Devil 38 on one of AeroTech's newest offerings. The new, J520W, No Hazmat, US mail-able J motor! It was demo'd at Airfest and Charlie was kind enough to
let me demo it again at High Frontier. That will be Sat. afternoon. Then Sunday will be the maiden flight of my Go Devil 54 on a J180.

jmotor1.jpgjmotor.jpgCheck out the date code. In case you don't know how to read it, this motor was made
on 08 (august) 31 (31st) 17 (2017) batch 09. hence 08311709. That's fresh!

On Friday at 2pm. Brandon Worley from channel 2 in Tulsa KJRH will be at the airport in Pawhuska doing some social networking and blogging to advertise our launch. He is the weekend weather man.

Come on down on Thursday man!!!!

I'd love to come and help you set up but I can't get away until Friday afternoon, maybe next year. Any big flights planned that you know of? I may fly my 6 fin with an M if the winds are light.

On Saturday my kobayashi maru on K1000T staging to a J460T around noon.

On Sunday my "O My" on a M1850W

Been offline. Good to know HF is still on after all the rain! I received at least 5'' and I'm only 45 min. away from Pawhuska. Hope the field Isn't to soft for traffic. See y'all there for setup.
I bought a JLCR at AF, could use some mentoring.

What a fantastic launch folks. Thank you to all who contributed to this amazing launch. Hope everyone can make it out next year to Pawhuska 2018.

Back