High Frontier 13 hosted Tulsa Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Make plans to join Tulsa Rocketry in Pawhuska, Oklahoma for High Frontier 13. The launch will take place September 24 through 25, 2016. The Pawhuska Municipal Airport will again be the location. Lots to see and do, it will be fun for the whole family. Same as last year, there will be on site camping allowed, but there will be no hook-ups. Check out www.pawhuskachamber.com for area details and lodging.

This year we are again having a Night Launch. The launch will begin at approximately 8:30pm. Will will only be launching A-G motors at night. Remember to fly as many lights on the rocket as possible and bring your flashlight.

The range will open both Saturday and Sunday at 9:00am and close at 5:00 pm. We have a waiver to 20,000 feet AGL

https://www.tulsarocketry.org/high-frontier-13/

View attachment 299845

I've been looking for the Big Daddy rules, but no luck. First off the pad? What mods disallowed?

Next year I hope to do the Minie & Warlock, just the li'l big guy for this year though :)

I've been looking for the Big Daddy rules, but no luck. First off the pad? What mods disallowed?

Next year I hope to do the Minie & Warlock, just the li'l big guy for this year though :)

Where are you from? I see ur from northeastern okla.

Its gonna be a great time. Got the travel trailer and generator. Just counting down the days

I'm looking forward to this launch too, we had a great time last year and I just love that field. I do wish they would move it maybe a few weeks later like early October, it is so close to Airfest I may get burned out launching rockets, nah nevermind!

I'm looking forward to this launch too, we had a great time last year and I just love that field. I do wish they would move it maybe a few weeks later like early October, it is so close to Airfest I may get burned out launching rockets, nah nevermind!

once upon a time it was in October. The reasons why they moved it to where it is today I think was because of weather. In October it gets darker later and its alot cooler. I think late September its perfect i think. Still stays light to 7 or so then the temps hopefully are around mid 70's to low 80's. But I hear ya airfest and pawhuska are real close

I don't know what it is, the weather, or the people.....hmmmm. Both! I did the motel thing a couple years but the last couple years I have camped and that's the part that's seems to get better and more people each year. I wanted to go for 10000ft this year and I cant decide whether to go for it at Airfest or High Frontier? Or maybe both...

I don't know what it is, the weather, or the people.....hmmmm. Both! I did the motel thing a couple years but the last couple years I have camped and that's the part that's seems to get better and more people each year. I wanted to go for 10000ft this year and I cant decide whether to go for it at Airfest or High Frontier? Or maybe both...

I couldn't agree more

Maybe I'll be there, Andrew. Considering the issues that developed on the drive home Saturday evening, I'm a bit hesitant.... :facepalm:

I wanted to go for 10000ft this year and I cant decide whether to go for it at Airfest or High Frontier? Or maybe both...

I wanted to to break 10K at Airfest and only reached 9,723'

DANG !!

I'll be there as well with my usual assortment of lpr. The Bomarc has been repaired after a hard landing at AirFest, the glide was great but the landing, uhg, not so well. I might try it with a BP E12 instead of my normal D12, we shall see. Also I need to tweak my upscale "Flyin Stovepipe" for better separation and flight.

This is from the Tulsa Rocketry facebook page:

One last note, depending on whose weather forecast you look at it will either be be horrible or a reasonably good weekend. The event will still go on either way, we just may be waiting around for the rain to stop and conditions to improve enough for us to fly. You never know how it will turn out.

I'll be there.

Another highlight launch in the midwest. Great folks, great launch, can't wait. I know there'll be at least six Piedmont Area Rocketry Club members there. We've got two level 2 cert flights planned for the weekend. And our box-of-parts (BoP) rockets we'll mass launch Sunday morning weather permitting.

Back