High Frontier 12 (Pawhuska, OK)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Make plans to join Tulsa Rocketry in Pawhuska, Oklahoma for High Frontier 12. The launch will take place September 26 through 27, 2015. The Pawhuska Municipal Airport will again be the location. Lots to see and do, it will be fun for the whole family. Same as last year, there will be on site camping allowed, but there will be no hook-ups. Check out www.pawhuskachamber.com for area details and lodging.

This year we are again having a Night Launch. The launch will begin at approximately 8:30pm. Will will only be launching A-G motors at night. Remember to fly as many lights on the rocket as possible and bring your flashlight.

The range will open both Saturday and Sunday at 9:00am and close at 5:00 pm. We have a waiver to 20,000 feet AGL

https://www.tulsarocketry.org/high-frontier-12/

HF12_Logo_250.jpg

Not to mention this is a great launch there are some fantastic small mom and pop restaurants in Pawhuska that you can enjoy!!

I look forward to this launch every year and every year it seems to get bigger and better. Some of the best camping weather of the year if you ask me. Can't wait.

I'll be there if only to deliver a kit to Bill. No flying though, unless I can sell a few more so I can afford to re-new either my TRA or NAR.

This sounds like it might be doable for me if we can camp on-site, about the same drive as Argonia coming from Dallas. If we don't find a High Power field here soon, the odds go up to 100% I'll be there. I'll even see if I can get a group together to make the trip. Thanks for the info.

This sounds like it might be doable for me if we can camp on-site, about the same drive as Argonia coming from Dallas. If we don't find a High Power field here soon, the odds go up to 100% I'll be there. I'll even see if I can get a group together to make the trip. Thanks for the info.

Great the more campers the better! I will be there with my 25 foot long travel trailer with generator. It stinks there is no running water, but that is just the way it is. I will be flying a M1297 and L1090

I'm seriously considering it. It will all depend on my wife. That weekend is our anniversary.

I'm seriously considering it. It will all depend on my wife. That weekend is our anniversary.

I live 25 miles away from Pawhuska in Bartlesville. Yes, I have a trailer with electricity but no water my fiance' will be staying at my house and driving over every day. I would love it if she stayed out there but you know woman they have to have a shower and fresh make-up everyday.

I would tread lightly on the anniversary date unless of course you have a "rocket wife" who understands your obsession with AP. I am planning on tent camping on site and will probably leave mid-morning on Friday before the launch to get setup. Let me know if you want to caravan up there Chuck, it's about 5 hours from N. Ft. Worth.

Yep, coming up fast. Still making some last minute motor orders and doing some ground testing. Looking forward to the launch, should be there late Friday afternoon to setup.

How far of a drive is it for you? Are you camping on site?

I got the go ahead from my wife to launch rockets on our anniversary (I just have to make it up to her later :y:), so I registered this morning. The question now is to camp or find a hotel. I'm leaning towards camping.

Jeff and I are coming from the same basic area (DFW), and it's a little over 5 hours from here. That'll be shorter than my drive to San Antonio last weekend.

Do I need to make any special arrangements for a complex launch? I'm planning a cluster flight - a central J with a pair of outboard I motors.

Yes I am camping on site with my son. I need an excuse to buy a new tent anyway. As Alfa said, the drive is just over 5 hours from here but since my 2015 "Newtons burned tally" is zero, it's not going to be an issue. Looking forward to this launch, sounds like a great field.

I got the go ahead from my wife to launch rockets on our anniversary (I just have to make it up to her later :y:), so I registered this morning. The question now is to camp or find a hotel. I'm leaning towards camping.

Jeff and I are coming from the same basic area (DFW), and it's a little over 5 hours from here. That'll be shorter than my drive to San Antonio last weekend.

Do I need to make any special arrangements for a complex launch? I'm planning a cluster flight - a central J with a pair of outboard I motors.

If you have any questions about a complex launch please email our club prefect Hal Ellis. His email is [email protected] Just tell him who you are. Tell him Andrew Lathrop told you to contact him.

Well I was planning to come after selling a kit and getting my Blazer rolling. But now my Urologist wants a new CT of my kidneys. An ultrasound saw something funky going on with the one that was partially resected/retracted(?) 2 yrs ago. Sigh! Had just got wife's arm surgery paid off a couple of months ago. My season may(I HOPE NOT!) have been over w/AirFest and no flights due to the wind. I fly LPR/Low MPR and didn't want to up 500 and walk 1500.

Looks like I'll be staying in hotel Friday night and camping Saturday. I can't get away from DFW until after work, so I won't be making it to Pawhuska until rather late, like 10:30-11:00. I had enough of pitching a tent by flashlight in Boy Scouts.

I'm looking forward to it. 2 rockets are ready, and one more (the cluster) is close. Just have to do sanding and painting.

I'm looking forward to it. 2 rockets are ready, and one more (the cluster) is close. Just have to do sanding and painting.

So I am going to get to see Bobs maiden flight, cool. Did you decide to use the chute cannon for deployment? I am a little more optimistic or unrealistic depending on the day, I have six rockets ready to go and will do my best to get them all in the air over the two day launch. I'm saving my 3-38 virgin cluster rocket for another launch, hopefully in Texas :)

So I am going to get to see Bobs maiden flight, cool. Did you decide to use the chute cannon for deployment?

Right now I'm planning on motor deploy for this flight. For dual deploy I'm going to do a cable cutter, but need more experience with that, I think. If I get a couple of successful mid-power cable cutter flights in this weekend, I'll get that set up for Bob at High Frontiers.

Do you have any idea how many fliers there will be at this launch Andrew? There doesn't seem to be very much activity on this thread except for a few of us.

Alot, but not as much as airfest. Lot more children. But that is the best part. There will be a few L's and M's. But for the most part lots of K's and smaller. As, you know our club is doing online registration this year. It would be cool if our webmaster would of put a link to who has signed up similar to kloudbusters website for airfest.

Back