High altitude rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachsta

Reaction score
can someone give some examples of high altitude kits and or custom made kits that go 10000+ ft on F motors and lower and possibly directions to make one?

Thats not asking much.
An AT Cheetah on a G is a high flyer.
Or get a 29 mm tube some fins, a nose cone, and a streamer, if you think you want it back and glue them all together.
Fiberglass the fins on for strenght. ON an F?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I seriously doubt if 10k can be reached on an F motor without staging. The best performer I can think of in that class is the Apogee Aspire on their F10 motor (8 second burn). It goes to about 5800'.

I'm pretty sure Underdog Rockets is currently beta testing their 24mm Mach Buster. It's supposed to be break mach and is composed mostly of fiberglass and G10. Maybe wait for them to release it?

Yes, i HIGHLY doubt you can attain 10k on an F motor. If it was a typo and you meant 1000' then yes, you could easily do that. Most of the AT 1.9" kits will do at least 1500' on an F-xx.

Hi, bachsta, I sent you an email about our mach duster.
Karl, the mach duster is a fully glassed minimum diameter 24mm rocket with g10 fins. We are hoping that this one will turn out to be a really good one.

www.underdogrockets.com , but it isn't working for me.

Tarc3 : So your planning on using one of those G37's in her?! Isn't there a Aerotech 24mm motor with over 123ns of thrust?
Karl

Originally posted by bachsta
can someone give some examples of high altitude kits and or custom made kits that go 10000+ ft on F motors and lower and possibly directions to make one?

No.

The TRA altitude record for an F motor is < 6800'.
The NAR altitude record for an F motor is < 6000'.

To be precise, a kit that could go 10k+ is certainly possible. There is no F motor that can take it there. I doubt an F motor that could do so legally is even possible. It would certainly stretch the abilities of motor builders.

I realy wonder ! A min dia 24mm rocket , only long enough for a reasonable size streamer & a G37 with a Black Brant nosecone . And some fibreglassed balsa fins. And S E E Y A! I've built a small rocket using a black brant nosecone , 3mm balsa fins *aerodynamic* , and made the fillets nice and round using paper & woodglue just for that less drag. I carnt wait to see her go on a D or a E now that E's are legal over here :D

Karl

I got roughly 3500' from an Estes Kitbash Bull Pup modded for a 24mm motor. Launched on an F21. Outa sight, and Waay up high. Add some nose-weight for stability though. came down on a scorched 18" chute ready to fly again.

I'm designing (or trying to) a 3 stage rocket using a G, F and E to break 13,000'

https://www.tds-productions.com/rockets/daftdream.html

Yeah, I know I'm full of it, but I don't think it hurts to try.

The Mach Duster can go to a little under 4,000 feet on an F21. A G37 can put it over a mile, no problem. Plus, an F21 would put it right about past Mach I, which is quite cool. Even on an E30, it will go 3,200+ feet and scrape Mach I. A C11 will send it 1,000+ feet. We are beta testing it next weekend and it will most likely come out lighter then simulated, which should add altitude and speed.

Originally posted by Rubr_Duky
I got roughly 3500' from an Estes Kitbash Bull Pup modded for a 24mm motor. Launched on an F21. Outa sight, and Waay up high. Add some nose-weight for stability though. came down on a scorched 18" chute ready to fly again.

I'm designing (or trying to) a 3 stage rocket using a G, F and E to break 13,000'

https://www.tds-productions.com/rockets/daftdream.html

Yeah, I know I'm full of it, but I don't think it hurts to try.
That looks fantastic - a little itty bitty Estes modroc - Err... wherditgo :D Flight photos needed - if you are quick

Remember carbon and RF transmitters are not a happy combination. The antenna needs to be positioned away from the carbon, perhaps a glass section for the electronics bay.

Good luck and hope you get it back.

Thanks. I don't want to hijack this thread though.

Plenty more testing, and I'll have every bit of media recording that I can manage pointed at it's 3 necessary flights, and I'll be sure to post something, so look for it.

You might want to take a look at the XROC Prototype from Cycline3. Looks like it should easily be able to break mach and/or give you that high altitude fix you have... Less than 30 bucks with shipping!

HTH,

Originally posted by lalligood
You might want to take a look at the XROC Prototype from Cycline3. Looks like it should easily be able to break mach and/or give you that high altitude fix you have... Less than 30 bucks with shipping!

HTH,

lol looks like youd definetly want the insurance for that. anyway so far these are the high altitude rockets i know of:
usr fiberglass series rockets
apogee aspire
underdog rockets mach buster
the cycline 3 xroc proto tybe
estes bulpup modded for 24mm
and possibly loc's aura
keep the list going guys and thanks

Back