Hi TRF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOMA

Reaction score
Hello TRF!

Hi all, I've gotten back into the hobby mostly due to my nephews. I live not far from Wallops Island (which seems to have significantly increased their launch volume the past few years) the kids like to watch their launches. I decided to pull out some of the rockets I built as a kid and we had fun launching them, so I bought them their own kits. I have found its a good way to teach them a number of different skills. Now, a dozen or so rockets later and I have about 6 different builds in various stages. I joined to get some advice on a few of them. My thanks to all those that post build threads and answer questions. Reading through the forum has been very helpful and I'm looking forward to completing these builds.

Thanks for the welcome. Here is a photo of the current fleet, lots of them in progress.

IMG_1905.JPEG

The mini-Honest Johns are courtesy of the Wal-Mart sale someone posted about here last Christmas (2020). The unpainted Star Orbiter is actually 24mm and started as the Vapor kit. I used one of the body tubes from the Vapor kit for my own overbuilt Star Orbiter kit on the far left (CNC'd my own plywood fins and centering rings). The 3 Alpha's are courtesy of my Uncle. He bought me my first rocket kit in 96 so it's cool my nephews have rockets from him too. The Black Brant was the last rocket I built as a teenager. I put it on the shelf and didn't fly it until a few years ago.

Hi there, I work at Wallops Island and me and @arconhi might be local to you. I mostly fly with MDRA but occasionally me and arconhi get together locally to fly some low/mid power. Welcome aboard! Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Back