Hi I'm new!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah Puchalsky

Reaction score
My name is Leah and I love learning about rockets but want to know so much more. I'm a freshman in Pellissippi State and going into Tennessee Tech for a degree in Aerospace Engineering. So, if anyone has any experience/advice for my major or just anything at all I'm all ears.

Welcome! Clarksville, Chattanooga, and Huntsville have NAR sections; and Music City Missile Club is a Tripoli prefecture near Memphis.

Consider getting out to a local launch and meeting some folks in person. Have fun!
Oh thank you! I've researched the Music City Missile Club and I'm considering joining NAR in Chattanooga once I get to Tennessee Tech. I'm definitely gonna try to see at least a few local launches too.

Welcome! I'm up in PA so not much help locally Whats goals do you have? Have you built or launched anything so far? Just curious, I'm sure you'll get quite involved with electronics. This forum is great, take a look around just the past threads and info is amazing. Have fun!!

My name is Leah and I love learning about rockets but want to know so much more. I'm a freshman in Pellissippi State and going into Tennessee Tech for a degree in Aerospace Engineering. So, if anyone has any experience/advice for my major or just anything at all I'm all ears.

Hi Leah, welcome to the forum! Aerospace Engineer is what I would pick if I could do it again. You gotta love that job! 👍

Welcome! I'm up in PA so not much help locally Whats goals do you have? Have you built or launched anything so far? Just curious, I'm sure you'll get quite involved with electronics. This forum is great, take a look around just the past threads and info is amazing. Have fun!!
Thanks! I’m looking for the right local club for me right now and I haven’t built or launched anything yet but I’m doing ALOT of research before I start. The threads really are and I’m hoping to look to y’all when I do start.

Awesome. I'm 40, started doing this about age 7 in 1990. But go back into this recently and haven't launched since 2013 or so. But I'm doing the same by finding local clubs. Mean while I use the local high school or soccer fields. The best one so far is a 2.5 hour drive up to NY @ URRG. This forum is great, dont get discouraged this hobby can be difficult. I started again in May this year with a launch kit from hobby lobby, fast forward I'm looking at L2 builds now. Find a club, check them out they usually don't charge for spectators, join NAR or Tripoli, buy and build some rockets starting with lower power and go up. I love low power as much as high.

Anyways good luck, and have fun! Never be afraid to post. I do build threads all the time they are great to look back on too.

Hi Leah,
Welcome to the forum.
There's a wealth of information here second to none.
This forum and rocketry in general is full of engineers of every type.
I meet a lot of pilots too.
I just think that's super cool.
Leah, find the vid on you tube of the Space X control room the first time they successfully landed a booster on its feet / tail.
Those people near lost their minds.
You do something that you can be that passionate about.
The money will come with passion.
You follow your passion.

Leah,
Please,
Remove your last name from your public ID..
For internets safety's sake..

Take care Leah..

So far, you're young, smart, passionate, figuring out your life's path..
I'm jealous, lol..

Teddy

Back