Hi from West Wales UK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flygirlkath78

Reaction score
I am an absolute newbie, part of a University Team entered to design build and launch an I class Rocket. We need as much help and guides as possible! Really looking forward to learning a whole new hobby!

Last time I wanted to go to a launch there the field was flooded. I had by brand new Wellington boots ready too.
Fortunately there are lots of good pubs as a substitute for poor weather conditions. :)
Welcome. Ask any questions you want. Take the time to form the question and provide as much details, sims, ork files as you've got available. That way you'll get the best chance of the best answer.
Fly High
Norm

Welcome. Can you tell us more about the criteria and goals of an I class uni project ? Also what local resources are available ? Hobby shops ? Flying field ? Mentors ?

I am an absolute newbie, part of a University Team entered to design build and launch an I class Rocket. We need as much help and guides as possible! Really looking forward to learning a whole new hobby!
Download Open Rocket. It's free and good.
Here's my fin can program. Hot off the press today (and in 3d printing repository). Change the fins.txt to fins.json . Download SCAD. It's free and good. The json file contains the pre configured profiles as starting points for all. Both files need to be in the same folder if using the preconfigured profiles. fins.scad is only required to make it work and is defaulted to a typical working fin can.

Attachments

• fins.scad
    4 KB · Views: 3
  • fins.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Has your team looked at or selected materials yet ?

Back