Hi from the west country

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Y3kankerous

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!
I first flew model rockets back in the early 90's when I was a lad, but have come back to the sport in the last few years and now fly quite regularly with my primary age daughter and sometimes her friends. We live in Bristol in the South West of the UK so our local flying venues are parks and other urban green spaces. Consequently a lot of our flying is at the low or very low end of the power spectrum (1/4A=-Y lol!), although we do lots of stages and clusters. Have more recently joined F.O.G. and made a couple of larger models including my first 24mm motor model, but still yet to launch anything on a 'D' or bigger! We really like neon colour schemes, dawn/twilight launches, multi-scale models, clusters, unnecessarily intricate details, corkscrew trails, scratch made mad physics designs especially saucers, oddrocs, sputniks and anything that looks like shouldn't/couldn't fly or is from a vintage sci fi film! Looking forward to picking up lots of advice and great new ideas!
Rob

Hi, glad you made the trip. I love flying little stuff also. The monster neighbor girls and I go to their school and fly. We also fly water rockets in the back yard.
Love to see some of your rockets. Everyone loves pics.

Welcome - no doubt you can get a lot of advice and new ideas, you just have to choose which one is best for you - LOL.
Please share pics of your rockets when you can - we all like to drool occasionally.

Thanks for the warm greetings!
As suggested here is a snap - showing a few of my scale up pairs, each with a little and large...
*An Estes swift with a scratch "mega swift" (18mm motor), they go like Billy-o
*Art applewhite pattern 13mm stealth and a scaled up 18mm super stealth both gold of course
*A 5 cluster (18mm+4x13mm) hybrid fin 3F1NC with its scale prototype single 13mm, both scratch
*Another applewhite, the 13mm saucer this time with an adapted double 13mm cluster spinning larger cousin
Some of these I have plans to make third versions to get scaled trios!! Also got various photos of the cluster build which I hope to post as a scratch build thread when I get round to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_201705.jpg
    IMG_20220116_201705.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
A couple of stills from video of an early dusk launch of the cluster down above

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-223439.png
    Screenshot_20220116-223439.png
    327.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220116-223331.png
    Screenshot_20220116-223331.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 3