Hi from Lawrence, KS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocSeuss

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Doc, back in the day, I launched rockets with the Kloudbusters in Argonia. Been a good 20 years now, though. Mostly flew Estes kits, like the Bullpup and Skywinder, 'cause lawnmowing didn't make me much cash, haha.

Finally getting back into rockets, figured I'd try to build some of the rockets I've still got and see if I can't figure out a fun place to launch from when I can. Tracked down a couple I always wanted but could never afford, so I figure I'll get to building 'em. Don't have a place to paint yet, but I'll work that out eventually.

I'll probably post some build questions over time, especially if I get around to cloning a few kits I never located. Hope that's cool.

Hi, I'm Doc, back in the day, I launched rockets with the Kloudbusters in Argonia. Been a good 20 years now, though. Mostly flew Estes kits, like the Bullpup and Skywinder, 'cause lawnmowing didn't make me much cash, haha.

Finally getting back into rockets, figured I'd try to build some of the rockets I've still got and see if I can't figure out a fun place to launch from when I can. Tracked down a couple I always wanted but could never afford, so I figure I'll get to building 'em. Don't have a place to paint yet, but I'll work that out eventually.

I'll probably post some build questions over time, especially if I get around to cloning a few kits I never located. Hope that's cool.
Sounds good to me. Lots of wind in Kansas, though. Maybe make a trip South or out far West.

Welcome! Enjoy the kits, scratch builds and whatever you like. Questions are always welcome and sometimes you might get a good answer too!

Sandy.

Welcome from Salina, KS. If you're ever over my way look me up and we can trade rocket stories! Or maybe even do a launch together.

I'd post pictures, @hobie1dog, buuuut I can't find any of them. I've been living in a tiny apartment so I didn't really have a lot of room, but my family's been getting rid of everything and sent me all my old rocket stuff, they couldn't find any of the rockets. Found the pad, some motors, spare parts, the launch box, all that, but none of the rockets. No idea if I gave them away way back when I moved out or they went with the siblings or what. Couldn't find my RC plane kits either.

I was a bit heartbroken, but not as heartbroken as the time my Skywinder came down a bit hard and busted the body tube. Teen me didn't know how to fix it.

I mean, I could post pictures of kits, but that wouldn't be as fun as posting once my card table arrives and I have a place to start building rockets. ;)

@tooth that sounds fun! I lived in Salina back in 2008 when I was taking some classes at K-State out that way.

Back