Hi from another UK member

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuller

Reaction score
In the absence of a new members thread (that my short browsing could find...) I deemed this area suitable for a general hello to you all from a newbie.

My name is Kieron and I'm from Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK. I'm a Laboratory Technician in a school/college and my interest in rocketry is from an educational (and personal fun :) point of view. I've just ordered my first LPR kit with a selection of A and B motors (for now!) and hope to get some of my students involved in the excitement of designing, building and launching their own rockets. I'm in the process of designing a launch pad integrated into a data logging weighing scale so we can see the initial thrust at take off, combined with a simple altimeter (an inclinometer and some trigonometry :) we should be able to cobble together some bucket physics from it. Anyway. I hope to get involved more in the forum as the project goes on, and I'm sorry but expect some newbish questions.... after reading some of the threads on this forum I realise I might be biting off more than I can chew!! Be gentle with me!.

Wecome to the forum.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. And since you are not a public official or in corporate management you are not one of those! :bangpan:

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want and post some pictures of your rocket builds if you can.

In the absence of a new members thread (that my short browsing could find...) I deemed this area suitable for a general hello to you all from a newbie.

My name is Kieron and I'm from Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK. I'm a Laboratory Technician in a school/college and my interest in rocketry is from an educational (and personal fun :) point of view. I've just ordered my first LPR kit with a selection of A and B motors (for now!) and hope to get some of my students involved in the excitement of designing, building and launching their own rockets. I'm in the process of designing a launch pad integrated into a data logging weighing scale so we can see the initial thrust at take off, combined with a simple altimeter (an inclinometer and some trigonometry :) we should be able to cobble together some bucket physics from it. Anyway. I hope to get involved more in the forum as the project goes on, and I'm sorry but expect some newbish questions.... after reading some of the threads on this forum I realise I might be biting off more than I can chew!! Be gentle with me!.

Hi Kieron,

Welcome to TRF. Check out this site:https://www.ukra.org.uk/ for some local info. & fun.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com

Jolly Good Show!

Hi!

Great to see yet another UK member on here, especially one who's looking at getting their school involved.

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at the website for UKAYRoC (UK Aerospace Youth Rocketry Challenge) competition - https://ukayroc.org.uk/. If you're quick, you might still be able to register for this year.

Cheers,
Phil (who's actually wearing a UKAYRoC t-shirt today :eek:)

Welcome! Please post said newbish questions here ;)
I wish I was in your class :)
Tom

Hi Fuller, welcome to TRF, i'm in worksop, so not too far away from you.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I look forward to contributing more when I can!

Oh and WiK - I checked out the ukayroc website. Looks like an amazing project for us to aim at but I doubt we'll be up to that level this year. Have you read the rules?

Last edited:
Yes, I've read the rules - the challenge this year is quite interesting with the separate payload section recovered by streamer. Should make for some fun flights!

Phil

Back