Hi everyone!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurSull

Reaction score
Hello!

So two years ago at whilst I was studying at university I bought a book about the early stages of NASA's rocket testing post-WW2.
I've always had a skirting interest in space and popular science, but this really captured my imagination. For some reason over the next few weeks I began acquiring model making tools and The Handbook of Model Rockety...eventually ending in the purchasing of a Hydra One model rocket kit.

Hydra One-lg.jpg

I built it, and for one reason followed by another I never launched it. The combination of winter weather closing in, studies, and the fact that the closest human beings that I know of who launch model rockets are a 3/4 hour drive away all led to one first rocket (rather stylishly) collecting dust until last week.

Whilst visiting my parents house in Cornwall (I now live in London) I picked up the old Hydra and decided that that weekend was the one. I unpacked everything in my cupboard...motors, launcher, all the paraphernalia...and drove to some fields on the cliffs of the North Cornish coast, where a local RC flying club fly.

The next hour was utter joy. I had a pack of 3 C class motors, and after a brief reminder on how to launch properly and safely I was overjoyed to see my rocket finally getting in the air. I'm hooked! Three great successful launches and I want more!

So here I am, so excited to get building my next model for launch.

Sorry for the essay, I just, am loving it.
2 years too late!

Anyway I look forward to learning lots of things on this website,

Cheers!

Welcome Gov !

I`m always excited about building and flying rockets ,and I`ve been doing it since 1974 !

Have a good time ,because that`s what it`s all about !

Cheers

Paul t

What up? Welcome aboard! Tip # 1--post as many pics as possible, we live for that stuff. Tip # 2--Ask questions, someone here has the answer!! Tip # 3--Marshmellons, you have to pick your own on long walks and never--never tell others where you got them! Served in the right manner, many a rocket has been conceived and born! Now we told you the secrets, welcome to the inner circle. --- H

A welcome to you from across the pond. It's always a joy to launch your "baby" - especially your first. Just wait till they "grow" up :lol:

Welcome to the asylum! I think you'll like it here. You'll find a wealth of information here and lots of experienced folk who are more than willing to help. There are several members here who are from your side of the pond so I hope they'll chime in and let you know how to connect with some rocket clubs near you.

Again, welcome.

Back