Hi Everybody!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othersider

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a 12-year-old, and I've been into rockets ever since I was around 8 or so. As of right now, my rockets have been all low powered, but I'm getting a LOC IV the mail hpoefully this Monday:).

Lately I've been experimenting with making scratch-built rockets, but it hasn't been working so well because I'm only using things that I find lying around in my basement (ie: gift wrap cardboard rolls). My nosecones are either earplugs or rolled up pieces of paper:D. I've been experimenting with some things, and I'll post all of my questions later on in the appropriate section:).

Anyways...I look forward to talking with you all.

Originally posted by othersider
Hi,

I'm a 12-year-old, and I've been into rockets ever since I was around 8 or so. As of right now, my rockets have been all low powered, but I'm getting a LOC IV the mail hpoefully this Monday:).

Lately I've been experimenting with making scratch-built rockets, but it hasn't been working so well because I'm only using things that I find lying around in my basement (ie: gift wrap cardboard rolls). My nosecones are either earplugs or rolled up pieces of paper:D. I've been experimenting with some things, and I'll post all of my questions later on in the appropriate section:).

Anyways...I look forward to talking with you all.

Greetings "othersider"....

I am new to these boards also, but WELCOME!

You are very fortunate to have the internet around to help you with rocketry. I hadn't found out about LOC or Aerotech until after high school. (Well, I am sure the internet was already around, but this was when having a computer was unaffordable or a luxury.)

It sounds like you are anxious to build and fly rockets. Scratchbuilding can be tons of fun, especially when you are successful. At least you are experimenting and finding out what works and what doesn't.

I am sure the rocketry community will appreciate a 12 year old in the hobby. Most kids your age don't do rockets, hobbies, physical sports, or anything that isn't related to a computer or video game anymore.

Well, I am new around here too. I am sure we'll all benefit from each other's experiences and crazy rocket stories.

Take care....

Eugene

I can honestly say that, when I was 13, I hardly ever played video games and such BECAUSE I was so heavily in rocketry and my local rocket club. Doing a hobby as a family is the BEST way to bring a family together for quality time.

Back