Hi all new member here

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/Crocketeer30

Reaction score
Hi all nice place u have here my name is Dave Fountain some of you might know me if you don't heres a little about me im from SoAR section 571 member number 016 im Level 2 nar no. 65575 im known for my overbuilt red and yellow PML tythes i fly that seems to servive all the abuse it recives plus im also known for my R/C rocket glider an estes stratto blaster that i fly all the time on F39's plus the rather large R/C airplane i usuly bring to the launches ( i put on an airshow while everyone takes a break) hehe well later all Cya:)

Welcome Dave....
Tim Hansford here... I hope you have a long stay.... Hmm R/C gliders... something new to bring to the Forum..

Welcome to the club. [A barbaric YAWP!]

Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience more enjoyable.

Always nice to have some in the group who "overbuilds"... Haha. Everybody gives Tulanko a hard time for his "overfinishing" techniques, now we have someone else to rib. Just kidding in good fun. Welcome to the forum!

Marc Lee
not yet a NAR or Tripoli member but working on it.

YIPPEEEE !!!!!

Finally.... another person into R/C rocket gliders. I have one of the HobbyLab SR-71's. Love it to death. So far I have launched it on E15-PW's and E18's in a 24mm AeroTech RMS RC casing. Next launch I intend to try it on the 24mm F24. I think the F39 might be a bit strong for it.

However, I have also made another motor mount adapter for it so that I can use the 32mm AeroTech RMS RC casing. There are three or four 32mm reloads that I intend to try in it.

I am also considering making yet another motor mount adapter for it to use the 29/40-120 AeroTech RMS casing. I think the 29mm F22 and G33 reloads would send that SR-71 practically into orbit.

Besides that, I have a GWS Pico Combat Jet that I am in the process of converting from pusher electric power to rocket boost. I have high hopes for this conversion.

I was very tempted the other day to buy a WattAge Mirage electric pusher jet and convert it to rocket boost. WattAge also makes an F22 Raptor that looks like a good conversion candidate.

I also have an Estes Strato-Blaster squirrelled away, not to mention an original AeroTech Phoenix rocket glider.

I simply never have much time to build. Silly thing known as work keeps getting in the way.

At any rate, WELCOME to the forum. Glad to have another rocket boosted glider person.

- Ken Parker

Cool man if you need any advice just ask me i've been in R/C sence 1976 and i fly R/C pylon racing oh i also have an SR-71 its fun and fast the 71 was never designed as a glider so as you know it feels heavy on the controls except the alerons it rools like a top i also have a cuda competetion rocket glider on a hot day that thing can stay up forever on thermels and is realy responsive on the yaw side u aught to try the model oh kinda stay away from the F39 in the SR unless its beefed up in the back it don't have much (Meat) holding the motor mount back there i've seen fly troughs with un modified SR-71's with high thrusting motors the F24 is fine its alot quicker tho have fun man Cya

Back