Hey when is the new Estes catalog due?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper Al

Reaction score
I am ready for 1) the RE-introduction of a 1340 fin can BT-56 model. I believe we are in the longest drought without a 1340 model since it was introduced, around 1972-1973. 2) I'd also like to see an alternative designated Astrocam launch vehicle, a la Camroc Carrier and Challenger II. Thank you.

It appears that everybody has discontinued BT-56/ST-13 tube. You can still buy a four-pack of nose cones inexpensively from Estes and you can 3D print a fin can, but I think if you want to make a rocket, you need to be reading about how to wrap your own BTs.

On the topic of the thread title, I think it's time to run some more V2s. They've been out of stock everywhere for awhile. A timeless classic like that shouldn't be impossible to get without paying fleabay scalper prices for more than a year or two.

It appears that everybody has discontinued BT-56/ST-13 tube. You can still buy a four-pack of nose cones inexpensively from Estes and you can 3D print a fin can, but I think if you want to make a rocket, you need to be reading about how to wrap your own BTs.
Another good reason for me to "wish" for a production model, though.

On the topic of the thread title, I think it's time to run some more V2s. They've been out of stock everywhere for awhile. A timeless classic like that shouldn't be impossible to get without paying fleabay scalper prices for more than a year or two.

With as many V2's that have popped up on Ebay in the last 2 weeks I imagine that it will be in the next catalog and people in the know might be trying to dump their inventory. The black and yellow E engine Estes on popped up on Amazon a couple days ago for $30 and I ordered one but it has yet to ship so I'll see if it was real or not.

The V2 iirc have been moved to the Estes equivalent of the Vault like Disney movies used to be, they will eventually be available again in the future (several years.....5 years.....who knows).

Back