Hey, I'm at 33,000 ft online!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13

Reaction score
Nothing important, I just think its cool.

And no I'm not flying the plane, just bumming a ride home in the back.

Isn't technology great!

Isn't technology great!

Reminds me of the days when airlines first started putting
telephones on the planes.... Who hasn't paid the outrageous
fees just to call their friends and say "Hey!! Guess where I am
right now?"

I had a whole row. I've flown that route so much I kind of know all the landmarks.

Over all it was pleasant. The speed was good. It was to slow to watch HULU.
At $12.95 I don't think I will buy it every time, but I don't feel ripped off. This was on American from Seattle-Chicago.

On American, GoGo Inflight has coupons for free access.

Well here I am again.

I'm on Virgin America this week. Still Gogo internet but it is FREE this week! A pilots dream, anything free.

I have a TV, but nothing good is on.

This is the first time I've bummed a ride on Virgin. Its a very flashy cabin. A touch screen tv/entertainment system, neon lights, lots of tinted plexiglass on the A320. But its kind of cramped. But a ride across the country as a guest of the Captain can't be beat.

Well here I am again.

I'm on Virgin America this week. Still Gogo internet but it is FREE this week! A pilots dream, anything free.

I have a TV, but nothing good is on.

This is the first time I've bummed a ride on Virgin. Its a very flashy cabin. A touch screen tv/entertainment system, neon lights, lots of tinted plexiglass on the A320. But its kind of cramped. But a ride across the country as a guest of the Captain can't be beat.

Virgin is nice, did you get dinner? My chicken and wild rice dinner was 5 stars.

This is the first time I've bummed a ride on Virgin. Its a very flashy cabin. A touch screen tv/entertainment system, neon lights, lots of tinted plexiglass on the A320.

Shhhh....Don't tell the Boeing guys what you're on. They might get their skivvies in a twist. :eek::D

Shrox,

No food on Virgin America. They had a sandwich for sale.

Tbzep,

Thats ok. I fly a Boeing now, and I really do believe it is better than an Airbus.
But Lockheed makes the best!

Shhhh....Don't tell the Boeing guys what you're on. They might get their skivvies in a twist. :eek::D

Oh, that's OK. Flashy interiors and hip lighting only goes so far.

The Airbus planes I have flow on have always made strange noises in flight and the turbines sound like a jackhammer at high power settings.

My favorite narrow-body is a 757.

N

Oh, that's OK. Flashy interiors and hip lighting only goes so far.

The Airbus planes I have flow on have always made strange noises in flight and the turbines sound like a jackhammer at high power settings.

My favorite narrow-body is a 757.

N

I was cattle in an Airbust and the pilot came on to tell us why we were late departing. One of the fire bottles was showing expended. So they power cycled the avionics. And now it says it's OK. So we flew. Pathetic... :y:

Shrox,

No food on Virgin America. They had a sandwich for sale.

Tbzep,

Thats ok. I fly a Boeing now, and I really do believe it is better than an Airbus.
But Lockheed makes the best!
Agreed!

The L1011 is my all-time favorite large airplane: Solid as a rock.
A close second is the 747-400, especially if you get the upper deck on an 8,000 mile flight.

While I think the Airbus 318-321 are more comfortable than the 737s, I do believe that Boeing make a much better airplane. IMO a good pilot flying on instruments is better than an automated flight computer that can get confused in tough flying situations.

The 757 is a solid airplane, but quite frankly, is uncomfortable if you are stuck in rear. It has severe tail sway and a very noisy boundary layer that only adds to the dull roar of the typically noisy fresh air system in the 57. And my least favorite thing is the 20 minutes it takes to deplane from the last 5 rows.

The plane I avoided like the plague was the DC-10. Any plane where the engine was designed to move around with respect to the wing pylon is not something I wanted to fly on. I flew to LA through Chicago on one a week after the Chicago crash, and did the return flight on the L1011. The difference was amazing.

Bob

I was on an A321 recently, and when the pilot applied reverse thrust on landing, the overhead bins started chattering so loud it sounded like fireworks.

Back