Hey everyone!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you are connected with a club.

I am in Melbourne and fly with the Victoria Rocketry Association.
Oh cool, how have flying conditions been down your way? We've had rotten luck with flooding recently, I'm itching to get flying again soon.

There have been a couple of fantastic launch days at both of our sites. I haven't been able to get along for a few of them, but attendances on the day of around 60 have been achieved. We have had a string of really nice sunny days. I suppose the rot has to set in sometime, but not yet!

There have been a couple of fantastic launch days at both of our sites. I haven't been able to get along for a few of them, but attendances on the day of around 60 have been achieved. We have had a string of really nice sunny days. I suppose the rot has to set in sometime, but not yet!
Maybe it'll be our turn with the weather soon ;). That's quite a fair turnout, it's always great to see people flying (although nothing really beats being there).

Hey, @MattD42 . I’m near Nimbin in NSW. We haven’t had a good flying day this year. How were your floods?
I was quite lucky, my place stayed above water. The rest of my street not so much, it was easily the worst flooding I've ever seen. How was the flooding down your way? We can't seem to catch a break at the moment, fires, flooding, and a global pandemic!

I was quite lucky, my place stayed above water. The rest of my street not so much, it was easily the worst flooding I've ever seen. How was the flooding down your way? We can't seem to catch a break at the moment, fires, flooding, and a global pandemic!

We’ll, Lismore was destroyed. Only 5% of businesses open. We’re pretty good on the ridge, but a few things got trashed. I’ll cope. Aussies are tough, mate.

Bugger, best of luck with all things recovery-wise. Fingers crossed for some good flying days, may the rocket gods be on our side.

Monkey Pox is on the ascendant now, so your feet should stay dry for a while.

Back