Hey everyone, first time poster, long time reader.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from MN. I've been browsing the forum for about a year (I know, not a long time but then the joke wouldn't work) as I have recently gotten back into the hobby from when I was a kid. Currently I'm flying with MASA #576 but will be moving to Grand Junction CO in a little over a month. I figured I'd introduce myself here in hopes of finding a few more rocketeers down in CO.

Hello from MN. I've been browsing the forum for about a year (I know, not a long time but then the joke wouldn't work) as I have recently gotten back into the hobby from when I was a kid. Currently I'm flying with MASA #576 but will be moving to Grand Junction CO in a little over a month. I figured I'd introduce myself here in hopes of finding a few more rocketeers down in CO.
Hello hello!

Welcome aboard. Hopefully you’ll continue to find the forums helpful.

I'm in GJ as well. Have you found any good spots to launch? I will go out to the Canyon View Park from time to time, but right now is soccer season.

I'm in GJ as well. Have you found any good spots to launch? I will go out to the Canyon View Park from time to time, but right now is soccer season.
I take 21 rd out to the desert. Plenty of elbow room out there. Canyon view is nice for low flying stuff but I’ve lost a couple when the wind blew them into the property to the south. Then there was one that lawn darted. I’d rather not do that in a public park.
I enjoy flying to altitudes between one and four thousand feet, far enough to maybe just loose sight of it but not too far away that I’ll have to invest in a tracker. The desert is perfect for that!

I take 21 rd out to the desert. Plenty of elbow room out there. Canyon view is nice for low flying stuff but I’ve lost a couple when the wind blew them into the property to the south. Then there was one that lawn darted. I’d rather not do that in a public park.
I enjoy flying to altitudes between one and four thousand feet, far enough to maybe just loose sight of it but not too far away that I’ll have to invest in a tracker. The desert is perfect for that!
Sounds exactly like the kind of stuff I'm interested in. If you're cool with it, I'll message you when I finally get to CO

Sorry to resurrect this post but there is now a club in grand junction https://www.warpcorerocketry.com/

Back