Hey! Don't forget about Sunward Aerospace!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru

Reaction score
Hi all.

Sunward Aerospace has recently changed hands, and while talking to the new owner (a very nice man) I realized that I have kinda left Sunward on the back shelf recently. Sometimes a kit or company will just kinda get lost in the shuffle, but I'd like to take this opprotunity to remind everyone that Sunward makes some very fine and unique rocket kits. Most are the "rocketfighter" type of kits. 2 foot long kits with large wingspans, made from high quality parts.

In order to help "reintroduce" Sunward to the rocket public, we've put the PHOENIX on sale at the drastically reduced price of 10.50.

If you haven't tried them, head over to www.JonRocket.com and get one. I'm sure you'll love them. If you already have a Sunward kit in your fleet, let us know what you think of them.

Thanks,

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.Jonrocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
If you already have a Sunward kit in your fleet, let us know what you think of them.
Not bad!

You can find my EMRR review of the Moondance here.

My only real complaint, with the kits, is that the balsa seems a little brittle; but nothing some laminating with 80gsm paper can't fix.

The nosecones are cool - seem to be made of the same stuff LOC uses.

Another point to note: Sunward use a rubber band type thing for a shockcord, and it works really well! Rumour has it that new Estes kits are shipping with a similar shockcord. ;)

Also - With the change of ownership, I hope the kits will stop coming with the religious leaflets; nothing wrong with them, just not in rocket kits please.

WHEW! You guys must have been waiting for Sunward to go on sale! This post has only been up a couple hours and only 31 views, but I've sold out already. I had already ordered more so they are on their way. Should be here Monday, so I'll be shipping to you on Tuesday.

Thanks,

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

I received my "Ice Storm" from John last weekend and though I haven't opened the bag yet, I was extremely impressed with the quality of the fins and the other components that were visible through the bag. Looks like great documentation and three nationalities of decal schemes to choose from! It's on my winter build list...I have this bug that i want to begin the build on a snowy day. I'm assuming the northeast weather will cooperate. Also as some of you probably already know John's (not jon) service is speedy and attentive.

cheers,
Andy T

Latest posts

Back