Hey all :))

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope all is going well. Been wanting to get into the hobby for a long time, and finally am taking the plunge and designing/building my first rocket. UK Based. Still need to figure out the logistics behind it all and what laws I have to abide by over here. Any help is massively appreciated!

Welcome aboard!

What were you thinking in terms of design?
Looking at something simple for now, eventually wanna get into active control with TVC, but for my first few flights gonna keep it simple.

Not really solidified the design for the airframe yet as I'm still not sure what motor I wanna run, but flight computer wise I'm keeping it simple with an arduino mega2560 and so on

If you wanna see the development as it goes, I can PM you a link to the design doc for feedback :))

Just checking this, the closest one is Dublin, from what I can tell that's the only prefecture in the UK. Which, even being in Dublin is a big trek - but we can't win em all
I think I mentioned Tripoli UK in a DM but failed to include a link. Here ya go, in case you’re having trouble with it.

http://www.tripoli.org.uk/

Hey everyone. Hope all is going well. Been wanting to get into the hobby for a long time, and finally am taking the plunge and designing/building my first rocket. UK Based. Still need to figure out the logistics behind it all and what laws I have to abide by over here. Any help is massively appreciated!
I'm a UK based rocketeer. Where are you and what help do you need?

Welcome to the Forum, @thetruemystic_ and @IrisPinedo! This is a great place for ideas and help/advice. Thetruemystic, why don't you start a build thread here? We love progress posts. Plus pics, of course. IrisPinedo, are you building and/or launching anything?
That's the plan! When I actually get to work on it (hopefully in the next couple of weeks, money permitting). Will probably go through it in as much depth as I can.

Based in cornwall for most of the year, back home though in cheshire for a couple of weeks. Main things I need to wrap my head around are the laws here in the UK and what I need to do to get started :)) I can shoot you a DM if need be
Message me and we’ll pick it up from there.

Back