Hershey Kiss Heart Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter_stanley

Reaction score
I was going to discard this the other day, as all the candy had been eaten. I thought it might make an interesting oddroc. Has anyone built anything with one of these?

ZeKPI82l.jpg

Also, I'm not sure which end will be up if I make it. The heart at the top would look good. The heart at the bottom would probably be easier to stabilize. It's been a while since I've built or flown anything, since moving last year. I'm slowing starting to get my work area set back up again.

Peter

Looking good is the most important. Heart up. Put canted "tractor" motors up front - makes it even more stable. Run the launch rod through the center of the heart. Nose weight. quick power, long rod and good flying conditions are your friends.

Anything can be a nose cone with big fins and enough nose weight.
that plastic tube however may have a real hard time with the heat of the Ejection charge

I was going to discard this the other day, as all the candy had been eaten. I thought it might make an interesting oddroc. Has anyone built anything with one of these?

Also, I'm not sure which end will be up if I make it. The heart at the top would look good. The heart at the bottom would probably be easier to stabilize. It's been a while since I've built or flown anything, since moving last year. I'm slowing starting to get my work area set back up again.

Peter

Pete:
Flying Food is always a good Odd-Roc selections, A couple years back I decided I needed to add a Valentine's Day rocket to my "holiday themed Odd-Rocs"
So I came up with one I call "Hearts & Floweres" featuring a Candy Kiss nosecone.
When I saw your post I thought that someone else had seen the potential of Candy Kisses as NoseCones:)

I'd say your creation could be just about any configuration you like. If you want to use the clear tube I'd strongly suggest using an inner full length motor tube wrapped in mirror monokote vinyl (which makes the tube sort of disappear).
You can then epoxy clear Lexan (Polycarbonate) fins directly to the clear tube using the epoxy rivet method.
If your not familar with these techniques you might want to visit www.narhams.org Look in the Library files section under Tech-tip-017 "Working with Plastics". This tech-tip covers all kinds of similar and dissimilar Plastic attachements, Glues and adhesives used and techniques for their application.
Hope this helps a little.

680-a01_Hearts & Flowers Clustered Odd-Roc_02-08-10.jpg

Last edited:
Back