Here's a different RC project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty cool.

I fly RC airplanes and helicopters also, so I will probably stick with them.

Have you ever watched pros fly RC helis and planes? They make it look easy,, I doubt this is the first time he flew this,, and similar things have been out for a long time,, I think one was called Dragon fly,, and had four pods.

BUT

It is cool in its own way.

Tom

Phenominal and super fast! It'd be fun to find plans for that one.

I am thinking some of that is 3D animation. The returning to the same spot at those speeds with that much control is unlikely. Unless it has some kind of homing return device, but I doubt it does. I think the high speed stuff is fake.

I am thinking some of that is 3D animation. The returning to the same spot at those speeds with that much control is unlikely. Unless it has some kind of homing return device, but I doubt it does. I think the high speed stuff is fake.

I have planes with one propeller that go darn near as fast and I've seen standard RC helicopter pilots do crazier stuff with even more control. We have an RC X-wing fighter-like RC hovering device in our store that has 4 props and we don't dare fly full speed with it. Its real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQZ0MoA6KE

Last edited:
Very cool. And it only costs $1,549.95. :jaw: But, then, many of the expensive multi-rotor RC helis are aiming at least part of their marketing at the military and police for use as RPVs with cameras.

I have planes with one propeller that go darn near as fast and I've seen standard RC helicopter pilots do crazier stuff with even more control. We have an RC X-wing fighter-like RC hovering device in our store that has 4 props and we don't dare fly full speed with it. Its real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQZ0MoA6KE

I wasn't really doubting the speed, it is the accuracy of the very high speed return to the same point. It could be real.

I've been to the web site for parts and kits for the Hexakopter. It has on board GPS, accelerometers, altimeters, and mutli-axis gyros. Coming back to its start location is one of their selling points.

When he initializes the unit at start-up it "remembers" its starting point. When the flyer is bringing it back at high speed he is more than likely using the "return to home" feature.

If you watch the long version of the video you can hear the props really biting into the air as it decelerates. Really cool noise.:headbang:

If this helio was outfitted with several LED's it would account for a lot of those UFO videos of the lights zipping back and forth unexplainably.

I think the UFO cat is out of the bag. :dark:

Back