Here I go again! Estes Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm an off again/on again BAR and am determined to build an Estes Saturn V. The first time I tried was when I was about 12 years old in the 1970's and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I guess it is a bucket list build. I will be using Chris Michielssen's blog as reference for the build. I am building the most recent version of the Saturn V and I have an older version with the paper wraps but that one will have to wait. Funny how I give up rocketry but always get pulled back in.

I'm an off again/on again BAR and am determined to build an Estes Saturn V. The first time I tried was when I was about 12 years old in the 1970's and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I guess it is a bucket list build. I will be using Chris Michielssen's blog as reference for the build. I am building the most recent version of the Saturn V and I have an older version with the paper wraps but that one will have to wait. Funny how I give up rocketry but always get pulled back in.

BUILD THREAD !

I used Chris's blog when I built the last release of the Sat V. There's a wealth of information there. I recently picked up an unbuilt #2001 from a club member who was thinning out his collection. I also have an Apogee Sat V waiting to be built. Gotta love the Mighty Saturn V.
Good luck with your build, take your time, and post pictures.

Not much to look at yet. Just the motor mount and couplers. I'm building it stock. Next up is the excitement of spiral filling!

I have sitting in a dark closet an Apogee Saturn V, the Centuri Saturn V, Centuri Saturn 1b, 3 x Estes 2157 Saturn V's, Estes K-36 Saturn V and the Estes K-39 Saturn V. There's no such thing as having too many of these.

Back