Quantcast

Here I go again! Estes Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Reaction score
I'm an off again/on again BAR and am determined to build an Estes Saturn V. The first time I tried was when I was about 12 years old in the 1970's and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I guess it is a bucket list build. I will be using Chris Michielssen's blog as reference for the build. I am building the most recent version of the Saturn V and I have an older version with the paper wraps but that one will have to wait. Funny how I give up rocketry but always get pulled back in.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
I'm an off again/on again BAR and am determined to build an Estes Saturn V. The first time I tried was when I was about 12 years old in the 1970's and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I guess it is a bucket list build. I will be using Chris Michielssen's blog as reference for the build. I am building the most recent version of the Saturn V and I have an older version with the paper wraps but that one will have to wait. Funny how I give up rocketry but always get pulled back in.
BUILD THREAD !

AfterBurners

Reaction score
I never built a SV but always wanted to take a shot @ Sirius Rockets SV. I know its much bigger but I like that you can fly high power motors in it

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I used Chris's blog when I built the last release of the Sat V. There's a wealth of information there. I recently picked up an unbuilt #2001 from a club member who was thinning out his collection. I also have an Apogee Sat V waiting to be built. Gotta love the Mighty Saturn V.
Good luck with your build, take your time, and post pictures.

Reaction score
Not much to look at yet. Just the motor mount and couplers. I'm building it stock. Next up is the excitement of spiral filling!

Steven

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have sitting in a dark closet an Apogee Saturn V, the Centuri Saturn V, Centuri Saturn 1b, 3 x Estes 2157 Saturn V's, Estes K-36 Saturn V and the Estes K-39 Saturn V. There's no such thing as having too many of these.