Help with Centuri LIA 77 & 100 Launch Pad Templates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
Could some one help me with some reliable top plate and leg templates for both the Centuri LIA 77 & 100 launch pads.
I've looked around on the web and could only find one quick hand drawing and one scan with no inch or mm scale.
Thank you!

Saturn 1B & V on LIA Pads.jpg

Last edited:
While I'm not sure what the dimensions for the LIA 77 or the LIA 100 are , I'm gonna go to knight manufacturing and order one of the LIA100 kits that have the templates for that pad..
I guessed what the 100 would be close to and made this out of Birch Plywood. My base plate is 12 inches across and the legs at the widest are 32 inches..
It doesn't break down , so it is big.. stands about 12 inches with blast deflector.. It's pictured with an Estes Super neon XL and a 3/16 rod.. All the hardware was store bought an
modded, welded, and tapped .. it's not pretty but it works... I would assume the LIA100 would be close to this size.
PB030816_zpsmyukrflh.jpg
PB030828_zpsftfieou2.jpg
PB030826_zpsua6zpaqb.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go (LIA 77):

Thanks for posting the templates and measurements for the Centuri LIA-77 Launch Pad. You did a nice job on the drawings.
I need to get someone to do the same quality drawings of my LIA-100 Launch Pad.

Larry B
NAR #30065

Thanks for posting the templates and measurements for the Centuri LIA-77 Launch Pad. You did a nice job on the drawings.

Larry B
NAR #30065
Thanks! I'd like some of the 100 for myself. :)

If you can give me a clear pic of one of the legs from the side, and some of the key measurements for them and the top plate, I can trace it in CAD the way I did my 77.

I have some original parts - I just need to identify them if they are original Centuri or Estes. Since I got these when I purchased a pallet load of old Centuri/Estes parts that a hobby distributor had in the back of their warehouse - that was about 20 years ago - so I'll have to dig it out. If you need more info, let me know (I even have a bag of that great Centuri cotton recovery wadding)

Screenshot from a 2017 YouTube video “ Centuri Rocket Museum Tour by Lee Piester” by Sugar Talk Media

Attachments

• D7E799EE-2E21-4680-AF72-6C9F738FED0D.jpeg
    D7E799EE-2E21-4680-AF72-6C9F738FED0D.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 0

Larry B
NAR #30065

Latest posts

Back