Help with a movie title

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read on, McDuff.

Post #17:So, this is the story referred to.

Post #22:No, that's not it, as we learn next.

Post #24:The barely remembered story predates Stephen King's fame.

Joe, you are not being helpful. McDuff is a bunch of stories about a dog. Unless you’re calling me McDuff, which makes no sense at all.

You are quite tight, I stand corrected. I grossly misspelled "Macduff".

So, in other words, "keep reading".

No, I don’t think the Thane of Fife terrorized a bunch of German soldiers, but yes he did end MacBeth’s reign of terror. I almost wish you had never come across this thread, lol.

And no, I haven’t read any of Shakespeare’s plays, the language is too hard to decipher; watching Deadwood was the limit for me.

I think it's 'The Keep' (1983), based on a novel by F Paul Wilson. Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream.

At one stage it held the record for the longest pull shot ever screened (zoom out and trolley backwards combined), a technique pioneered by Alfred Hitchcock..

After searching, I’m wondering if it isn’t the Keep. Some of the parts he may have remembered wrong or mixed with another movie. I’ve done that before.

No, I don’t think the Thane of Fife terrorized a bunch of German soldiers, but yes he did end MacBeth’s reign of terror. I almost wish you had never come across this thread, lol.
Hmph!

Here's the last I'll post on the subject; you may have the last word if you wish it:

"Lead on Macduff" has become a very common expression meaning either "Hit me with your best shot" or "Persist and carry on". And I'm far from the first to change that to "Read on..."

So, now you've learned a (very) little something. Still sorry I found it? :)

Hmph!

Here's the last I'll post on the subject; you may have the last word if you wish it:

"Lead on Macduff" has become a very common expression meaning either "Hit me with your best shot" or "Persist and carry on". And I'm far from the first to change that to "Read on..."

So, now you've learned a (very) little something. Still sorry I found it? :)

LOL, I wasn’t really (almost) sorry, just being a smartass too. You got me to look up both spellings of MacDuf. I have never heard that expression before, so I assume that you are a well-read individual. Reading, anymore, puts me to sleep very quickly, so now I listen to books; now I have 1005 titles in my library. Not too varied, mostly SciFi, some Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Mystery, Horror, and some classics.

Just rented the movie The Keep on Amazon. Take my advice, read the book or listen to the book on audible, but just forget watching the movie. The movie is neither scary nor good. A very poor example from Michael Mann, he did much better with Manhunter and The Last of the Mohicans.

The book is excellent, scary and an interesting history of the vampire legend.

Just rented the movie The Keep on Amazon. Take my advice, read the book or listen to the book on audible, but just forget watching the movie. The movie is neither scary nor good. A very poor example from Michael Mann, he did much better with Manhunter and The Last of the Mohicans.

The book is excellent, scary and an interesting history of the vampire legend.

The movie is not a great example of Mann's work.

Great soundtrack though!

The movie is not a great example of Mann's work.

Great soundtrack though!

Vangelis did better work on Bladerunner and Chariots of Fire. I couldn’t get over the bad acting, though it was probably more due to the script and how one dimensional the characters were.

Vangelis did better work on Bladerunner and Chariots of Fire. I couldn’t get over the bad acting, though it was probably more due to the script and how one dimensional the characters were.

Agreed that overall it's a pretty crap adaptation of a great novel.

And we still haven't found the movie @nosecone was looking for. :(

“Tin Soldiers and Nixon coming, we’re finally on our own.”

There was that, Four Dead in Ohio.

Back